looking to remove headlights. does anyone have any "how to's" links/pdf's/pers exp? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

looking to remove headlights. does anyone have any "how to's" links/pdf's/pers exp?

not sure if i have to remove the front bumper or not. from the looks of it doesnt seem likely.
if anyone has a tech manual i would appreciate any feedback/links as to where the screws are for headlight removal

thanks in advance!
faiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

remove headlights
Attached Thumbnails
looking to remove headlights. does anyone have any "how to's" links/pdf's/pers exp?-headlights2.jpg  
Marcos12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Chopper Challenge Champion

Marcos, this is the 2007 and newer MDX section.

elite-fusion might know a trick or two as he modified his headlights. I am thinking you probably have to remove the bumper, its not that hard.
midnightMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Attached Thumbnails
looking to remove headlights. does anyone have any "how to's" links/pdf's/pers exp?-2007-headlights2.jpg  
Marcos12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Chopper Challenge Champion

Now we're talking! Please add in front bumper removal too.
midnightMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't think you have to remove the bumper for the removal of the headlights...they don't overlap anywhere etc. but I could be wrong...so just in case you can use the front garnish instructions to figure out how to remove the bumper

How to remove bumper

kingmdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

thx guys!...i am hoping i dont need to remove the bumper as i want to upgrade to 55w hid's for LB's.....for some reason the oem xenons are the weaksauce!

i think the projector lens is the issue as they arent nearly to the same spec as the old tsx or old rl.....rather than bake open the headlight and change projector lenses i want to swap hid bulbs and ballasts with 55w 6k......

i remember someone added audi style led's to their headlight. wonder if they had to remove their bumper...
faiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by faiz
thx guys!...i am hoping i dont need to remove the bumper as i want to upgrade to 55w hid's for LB's.....for some reason the oem xenons are the weaksauce!

i think the projector lens is the issue as they arent nearly to the same spec as the old tsx or old rl.....rather than bake open the headlight and change projector lenses i want to swap hid bulbs and ballasts with 55w 6k......

i remember someone added audi style led's to their headlight. wonder if they had to remove their bumper...
I asked the technician about replacing the low beam. He said there were lots of MDX owners not satisfied with the output of the original HID . and he said there's no need to remove the headlight assembly...he told me I can access on the engine bay...I'm still waiting for my HID bulb and try it later...
speeedymdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightMDX View Post
Marcos, this is the 2007 and newer MDX section.

elite-fusion might know a trick or two as he modified his headlights. I am thinking you probably have to remove the bumper, its not that hard.
Relax, His pdf states first thing to remove front bumper.
KrazyTrane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

I am thinking you probably have to remove the bumper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: