Blind spot Mirror - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Blind spot Mirror

Where is the best place to attached the (side mirror ) blind spot mirror square? top or bottom, inner or outer portion of the side view mirror?
Attached Thumbnails
Blind spot Mirror-4bfa_1.jpg  

2010 Audi q7 FSI Prestige with six-speed ( My Ride)
Tiptronic automatic transmission and quattro
Mugello Blue Pearl Effect w/ Cricket Leather with black interior.
S line Package-
Audi Adaptive Air Suspension
Tamo Wood Decorative Inlays
Luxury Six-seat Configuration
Bang & OlufsenŽ Advanced Sound System
Luxury Package

2012 MERCEDES BENZ GL550 LUNAR BLUE METALLIC Burl Walnut with RES (wife's new car)
300hpmdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

top left corner for the left side mirror???
top right corner for the right mirror???
t-mdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have my blind spot mirror in the lower right corner of the driver's side mirror.

I'm not sure if that's the perfect place to put it, but it has always worked well there in all my cars.

(Traded)
2003 Sage Brush Touring/Navigation
Built 12/20/02 Delivered 1/13/03
MDX4now is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

photo
Attached Thumbnails
Blind spot Mirror-blind-spot-mirror.jpg  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

photo
Attached Thumbnails
Blind spot Mirror-modsblindspot_600.jpg  
Old 02-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

I disagree. Put it on the lower, inside portion of the mirror. That part of the mirror mostly just shows your door handles anyway, and it works well there. I have mine there and it definitely works well for me.

MidnightMDX's Awesome FAQ for the '01-'06 MDX
Sinecure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2009, 01:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Re: Blind spot Mirror

Quote:
Originally posted by 300hpmdx
Where is the best place to attached the (side mirror ) blind spot mirror square? top or bottom, inner or outer portion of the side view mirror?
where can i get these?
Valentine One Radar Detector // JL 10w6 Subwoofer // JL 500/1 Amplifier // Tsunami 10 Farad Capacitor //
Alpine Type-R Speakers All Around // Alpine Amplifier // iSimple iPod Module // Unlocked Naviatation
Screen for DVD's // DVD Player in Glove Compartment // Viper 1mile Range Remote Starter // Window module
to open and close all windows with the Viper pager // HID's in Fog Lights (8000k) //
HID's in High-Beam's (8000k) // Xenon White LED's in Interior // Blue LED's in Parking Lights

Upcoming Mods:
- Headrest TVs
elite-fusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by t-mdx
top left corner for the left side mirror???
top right corner for the right mirror???
GMTA.
Attached Thumbnails
Blind spot Mirror-33.jpg  
EXCALIBUR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by t-mdx
photo
I want a set of those. Where did you get them? I've not seen any that contour the existing mirror as well as they do.
HBMDXDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

bump same here, would like to purchase a set also, any link or idea where to get them?
Valentine One Radar Detector // JL 10w6 Subwoofer // JL 500/1 Amplifier // Tsunami 10 Farad Capacitor //
Alpine Type-R Speakers All Around // Alpine Amplifier // iSimple iPod Module // Unlocked Naviatation
Screen for DVD's // DVD Player in Glove Compartment // Viper 1mile Range Remote Starter // Window module
to open and close all windows with the Viper pager // HID's in Fog Lights (8000k) //
HID's in High-Beam's (8000k) // Xenon White LED's in Interior // Blue LED's in Parking Lights

Upcoming Mods:
- Headrest TVs
Old 02-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by elite-fusion
bump same here, would like to purchase a set also, any link or idea where to get them?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mirro...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

thanks just purchased a set

Upcoming Mods:
- Headrest TVs
Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by MDX4now
I have my blind spot mirror in the lower right corner of the driver's side mirror.

I'm not sure if that's the perfect place to put it, but it has always worked well there in all my cars.
i agree w/ you for the mirrors that the OP showed...those square mirrors are best on the lower outside edges

i've seen these same exact mirrors selling by singles at walmart as well... some in the RV section

the ones that t-mdx shown are better but more expensive and not found normally in a dept store or some autoparts places

heres one that's the BEST out in the market, you can also find them on ebay for cheaper:

http://www.maxiviewmirror.com/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-M...spagenameZWDVW

u want the best, go w/ this :P pamper your Luv & increase your safety

however, i'm happy w/ the walmart adjustable round mirrors in the RV section $2.01 after NJ taxes:

basically it's up to the driver preference top/bottom inner/outer

that's Y i went to walmart to get those cheap adjustable mirrors and test out where I like my blindspots to be at... but the cheapo mirrors are actually doing well!
notmycar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

You don't need those mirrors

If you adjust your side view mirrors to view what's beside the car, you won't need to reduce the mirror surface area with that fisheye mirror. If you can see the door handles in your mirror then you don't have them adjusted properly. Try this, have your friend walk from behind your car to beside your car up to the drivers door. adjust your rear-view mirror (the one on the inside of the car) to see everything up to but not including the inside left interior of the car.
Now adjust your passenger side view mirror out until the person walks from the rearview mirror view into the side view mirror view, you won't see your fender or door handles in the side view mirror. As they walk forward on the passenger side keep looking....they will appear in your peripheral vision right as they move off the outside edge of the mirror.

Do the same on the drivers side view mirror. With it aimed almost all the way out you will see cars in the lane next to you, and you won't see the car directly behind you...that car is in the rear view mirror.

Having the same information in all three mirrors is a little un-necessary isn't it? They even teach this method in regular drivers ed these days, Skip Barber tauhgt me 20 years ago, there is no blind spot, just poorly adjusted mirrors.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinecure
I disagree. Put it on the lower, inside portion of the mirror. That part of the mirror mostly just shows your door handles anyway, and it works well there. I have mine there and it definitely works well for me.
sailhauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

Autobahn Mirror

Okay, so the (relatively significant) blindspot within the 2nd generation MDX, recently contributed to a close call that involved me very nearly side swiping a smaller Mazda sedan on the hightway while on my way home from work last night...(not to mention the resulting highspeed chase involving a tiny Mazda packed with gangbangers who were unable to catch up to a 3 ton SUV that they had mistakenly thought had cut them off intentionally....lol)

I wonder how effective this product is?

http://www.properautocare.com/autobahnmirror.html

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...53163785204919 (YouTube video of product in action)

http://www.sbtv.com/?cid=61&segid=1051 (product review at SEMA auto show in Vegas)

Acura: Trailer Hitch Pkg, Chrome Side Steps, Body Side Molding, Roof Rails, Auto Compass Mirror, Painted Bumpers, Chrome Plated Front Lower Trim

Non-Acura: 3M Paint Protection Film, SMT LEDs (Int. & Ext.), Xtreme HID 4300k Xenon HIDs (Fogs), MTEC Xenon HID Bulb 4750K Cosmo Blue White (DRLs), 9005SU Silverstar ULTRA (High Beams), Clear SlimLine LED bars, Rear Camera Mod., 22x9 forged Wheels (offset +36), Yokohama Parada Spec-X 265/35/22 Tires, Huper Optik Tint
Maverick2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: