VSA ! light on after grinding sound
04 MDX w/ 125K miles. I searched but this one seems to be unique. I will try to take it to Autozone to get a code read. In the mean time, I wanted to start this thread for a analytical conversation.
Symptoms: Grinding sound prior to VSA ! light came on stayed on. Can't shut it off with the VSA button. No other lights are on.
1. The VSA ! light came on three weeks ago when it was cold, snowy and icy. I thought it was normal for the VSA to come on because it was slippery but abnormal for it to stayed on and I could not turn it off until I turned the car off and restarted the car.
2. It came back on again with a grinding sound prior to the light came on, after random miles driven.
3. One week later, with a nice washed car, I drove the car again on a dry pavement and I got the same VSA ! light symptom with a grinding sound prior to the light came on. The grinding sound, I could feel it in the steering wheel and it felt like the brakes were being applied.
4. Yesterday, Jan. 15th, after about 65 miles driven on dry pavement, the grinding sound and VSA ! light came on. I stopped at the gas station, replenished and started out again to the airport.
5. After 5 minutes driven, the same: Grinding sound and VSA ! light came on and stayed on until I got home about 70 miles later.
I know this is a long read. Hopefully, someone out there had the same problem and got a fix for it. If not, this will be the thread in trying to get this problem fixed........
2004 MDX Touring Nav