Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Windshield wiper wire

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  sERKZ 
#1 ·
Windshield wiper wire. I'm going to install DRL lights on my 05 mdx and I'm going to tap into my windshield wiper wire since it's hot when the car turns on. Just wanted to confirm the green and black wire in the picture I attached is the correct wire.

Also on a side note, I installed LED back up lights since I changed my turn signal lights to a white LED but I didn't use a resistor on the back up lights. I don't need one right? I only used a resistor on the turn signals for the hyper flash.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm pretty sure that's it - the wire that powers the windshield wiper motor IS a green / black wire, and it's always hot (kind of like the big red lead on your starter).

I would seriously recommend putting a fuse inline with your DRL lights, so that a short in your (non-essential) DRL lights won't take out the fuse that powers your (essential) wipers.

And yes, our MDXs (at least my 2004) doesn't have sensors to check for light bulbs that are out, so you shouldn't have to worry about resistors for any lamps other than the turn signals (since the LEDs will result in "hyper flash" operation of the turn signal). I was going to get all scientific and replace my flasher unit with one that's compatible with LED lights, but then realized that doing so requires a WHOLE lot of disassembly and fiddling with the fusebox behind the driver's side (left) kick panel.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.