Going on a 380 mile roundtrip! - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Going on a 380 mile roundtrip!

Hey guys taking my mdx on a quick 380 mile roundtrip to pick up my cousins for the holidays. Since my family has 4 cars mdx hasn't been driven. Only thing I can hear is that power steering noise but i think the car should be fine. Im just trying to see if I can remember anything I need to do or check on the car. Anything you guys can think of? Its a 2004 Acura MDX with 172k Miles. Thanks
SGMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

How fine will it be if the power steering craps out? Since you haven't been using this car, and you have 3 others to choose from ...

But, no matter what car you use, check tires, fluids, belts, all lights, and brakes.

Do have a Merry Christmas.
Bill_de is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you're driving in cold weather, do you have winter washer fluid in there? If you still have summer mix, that would be bad.

Check your tire pressure, including your spare.

If the car is rarely driven, that could be hard on your battery, especially if it's old. A battery and charging system test would be a cheap way to get some peace of mind here.

Clean the inside of your front window if it hasn't been done in a while.

Obviously it's best for all maintenance to be up to date in general. I certainly hope you're on your second timing belt by now.

It would be better to take a car without a power steering problem, but I guess that's your call.
lion9mdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey guys! Only reason I have to take MDX is due to the 7 Seats! Thanks for your advice! The power steering noise goes away after warm up and second start! Also its on the second timing belt!!!!!!!!!!
SGMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

More important fill it up!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
boston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: