Anyone have an accessory cargo net? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone have an accessory cargo net?

I bought a cargo net off ebay that was advertised as a used OEM accessory net that came off a 2002. I assumed it would work on my wife's 2005. Well, she attached it at the four points and it is EXTREMELY tight. If fact so tight it is basically unusable. Does anyone have any pics of their net installed? The wife wants it so groceries can be contained in the rear without falling over. Thanks for any help.
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyGTX View Post
I bought a cargo net off ebay that was advertised as a used OEM accessory net that came off a 2002. I assumed it would work on my wife's 2005. Well, she attached it at the four points and it is EXTREMELY tight. If fact so tight it is basically unusable. Does anyone have any pics of their net installed? The wife wants it so groceries can be contained in the rear without falling over. Thanks for any help.
I have the 04 OEM cargo net and while I'm not using it right now, it isn't that tight. What I can say is that it actually opens up flat. Does yours do that? I might get a pic up later when I get a chance.
cl206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, it does open up flat. There is a possibility she may have it mounted in the wrong spots, but there really isn't any place else to mount it. Thanks for the reply, pics would be great!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncaterro View Post
There is a possibility she may have it mounted in the wrong spots
I think I said that.......lol. But we don't have any idea where else to mount it.

I really need pics of the exact mounting spots. This is a pic I grabbed off the net supposedly of a 2006 with the net, unfortunately you cannot see the mounts very well. Ours mounted is stretched as tight as it can be, with nowhere near the room to put bags of groceries...

Old 12-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, it does open up flat. There is a possibility she may have it mounted in the wrong spots, but there really isn't any place else to mount it. Thanks for the reply, pics would be great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncaterro View Post
There is a possibility she may have it mounted in the wrong spots

I was thinking the same thing. I will try to get pics up later tonight b/c my wife has the car until 6 when she comes home.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just quickly hooked mine up today. The 1st 2 pics shows the hooks I used and I can't imagine where else you would hook them near the top. I didn't hook the bottom anywhere. In the 3rd pic, I put in a pillow and a toddler car seat. It's a little tight but it opens up VERY easily.
HTH

Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

CL206, thanks for the pics. We figured it out and it seems like it will work out fine. She WAS trying to go to the wrong points.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
CL206, thanks for the pics. We figured it out and it seems like it will work out fine. She WAS trying to go to the wrong points.
You're welcome! No Problem! Glad it worked out!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

I bought some generic cargo net, and it came with two anchor points you screw into the plastic. I mounted them so that I can use the two factory hooks and the two accessory hooks to create different "hang levels" for the net.
TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: