How do I kill the Autolocks on my '04? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

How do I kill the Autolocks on my '04?

Not sure if it's even possible(though I really hope it is). But, who here has disabled their auto locks on their MDX (i.e. You start the car & it doesn't automatically lock)

I encountered this just the other day when we actually just had the car on loan overnight from the dealer while looking at it. I went to start the car to warm it up for my wife & kid. Come back out 5 mins later & go "Oh *&*^!!" Luckily my family's in the automotive business and we have a kit to get into it, so it wasn't as huge of an issue as it could have been. But I'd like to not have to think about this at all in the future.

Thanks,

Nate
Nates78ski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

My 2005 doesn't have locks like this. I'm 99% certain the 2004 doesn't either. Something else is going on here. Is there an aftermarket security system or remote starter installed, by any chance?
lion9mdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

I used to have an 04 and there was no auto locking system in the vehicle at all. I used to have to manually do the electric locks myself after cranking and starting to drive the vehicle. The only thing the locks would do automatically would be if you unlocked the vehicle with the remote and didn't open a door within approx. 3 minutes, the doors would lock back.

New - 12 MDX Advance CBP/Ebony, silver roof rack with crossbars, towing package, Advance running boards, back up sensors, BSM, window tint, Acura remote starter and full size spare.
timbrwolf9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Makes sense. My dad & I were thinking it was going to come back to the auto starter system. I just figured I'd check here before we started going through the system. It's a Viper starter system on an '04 Touring w/ Nav.

The car is beautiful. Looks like the previous owners kept it in the garage the whole time & only used the extra space of an SUV for carrying extra toilet paper back from trips to CostCo.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrwolf9 View Post
I used to have an 04 and there was no auto locking system in the vehicle at all. I used to have to manually do the electric locks myself after cranking and starting to drive the vehicle. The only thing the locks would do automatically would be if you unlocked the vehicle with the remote and didn't open a door within approx. 3 minutes, the doors would lock back.
That is an accurate description of how the locking works on my 2004 MDX, which is bone stock.

Sounds like any autolocking function is part of your Viper starting system, because it's not part of the stock car.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates78ski View Post
Not sure if it's even possible(though I really hope it is). But, who here has disabled their auto locks on their MDX (i.e. You start the car & it doesn't automatically lock)

I encountered this just the other day when we actually just had the car on loan overnight from the dealer while looking at it. I went to start the car to warm it up for my wife & kid. Come back out 5 mins later & go "Oh *&*^!!" Luckily my family's in the automotive business and we have a kit to get into it, so it wasn't as huge of an issue as it could have been. But I'd like to not have to think about this at all in the future.

Thanks,

Nate
My 2004 touring does not have this feature.

George
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates78ski View Post
It's a Viper starter system on an '04 Touring w/ Nav.
With how complicated today's cars are, I don't have much faith in aftermarket remote starters and security systems, for reasons like this.
lion9mdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion9mdx View Post
With how complicated today's cars are, I don't have much faith in aftermarket remote starters and security systems, for reasons like this.
Agreed. Remote starters, while can be nice, in the end often turn out to be more of a headache than useful. We'll see if we can get it working properly and if not will probably remove it.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: