Affordable wood grain steering wheels for 01-03, but not 04-06? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Affordable wood grain steering wheels for 01-03, but not 04-06?

I've been searching the net pretty regularly for the wood steering wheel upgrade for a 04-06 (I have the base model), but can only find affordable versions from 01-03. I'm willing to pay around $200, give or take $50, but haven't found any for less than $400! There are a few 01-03 versions on ebay that sell for between $100-$200, so what gives?
Invictis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

why do you want the wood steering wheel? My 04 came with it (bought it used) and I wish i had the leather wheel. The wood is sooo cold in the winter and I think it makes it look kind of buick-ish
CODOG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

I agree, it just does not look right. I tried wood shifting nob and changed back few weeks later..Maybe if the dash did not have plood then it would look alright.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODOG2 View Post
why do you want the wood steering wheel? My 04 came with it (bought it used) and I wish i had the leather wheel. The wood is sooo cold in the winter and I think it makes it look kind of buick-ish
Honestly, I think it looks better. When I was shopping around for X's, I saw a couple with it and thought they looked really nice... I'm not really worried about the wheel being cold either.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictis View Post
Honestly, I think it looks better. When I was shopping around for X's, I saw a couple with it and thought they looked really nice... I'm not really worried about the wheel being cold either.
I agree. Goes well w/ the rest of the "wood" interior. I have a black leather wheel if anyone's interested.
shaqdeez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
haven't found any for less than $400!
This guy sells them for $369.26 new (don't forget to use his coupon codes for free or reduced shipping):

Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxtasy View Post
This guy sells them for $369.26 new (don't forget to use his coupon codes for free or reduced shipping):

Still a little rich for my blood for an upgrade that is only aesthetic. Thanks for the suggestion though... I'll have to check out his site for any of my other parts needs.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqdeez View Post
I agree. Goes well w/ the rest of the "wood" interior. I have a black leather wheel if anyone's interested.

I was looking for saddle leather, but hopefully someone will reply. What did you want for it, and what year is it for? The classified section would be a good spot to post it...
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I was looking for saddle leather, but hopefully someone will reply. What did you want for it, and what year is it for? The classified section would be a good spot to post it...
Done.
shaqdeez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: