Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Who has the most miles with the original tranny

5K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  phins2rt 
#1 ·
Hey there. Lot of complaints about 2001 and 2002 tranny. If have an 02 with 83k miles on my 1st.

I almost traded it in a couple of times in fear I was just holding out for the inevitable. Just couldn't bring myself to it.

I'm hoping some other mdxers can help me keep the faith

Let's hear about some 2001 and 2002 transmissions that are going the distance

#2 ·
335,000 on the original transmission. Like many other car and car brands, some go forever and some don't. Granted, the failure rate was a bit high on these, but I thought I saw a stat and less than 40% of 01 and 02 owners went through one transmission after the next. My recall work was done very early so that may be one of the reasons it's lasted so long. Right now I put a little over 100 miles a day on it.

#4 ·
Las, Do you drive it in D4? when you drive it in D5 do you get the rumble strip?

#5 ·
I don't have the rumble strip problem. I have the D5 hunting problem. I have been driving in D4 for over 90k miles. I don't care about the gas millage as this vehicle has been paid off for a very long time. I will run it until the tranny fails. What! I hope I'm not cursing myself given the topic.

#6 ·
I have about 140k on my original trans. Just keep your trans fluid clean and cross your fingers!

#14 ·
146K on OEM Tranny. Had the infamous rad/hose breakdown with leakage but did not drive one inch after breakdown. That was in 2010 and had rad replaced but not tranny. Still holding up well and I drive D4 in the city as well and D5 highway. Good precaution in my book. Hope to keep my baby for at least another 12-18 months.

#15 ·
Thanks Matt. Good to know. My neighbor has an x and just had a hose go that effected his trans. Must be the one your talking about. I'll have my service guy replace that as a precautionary. If I can get 140 plus out of my tranny I will be a happy camper.

This thread is helping me keep the faith. Thanks everyone!

#21 ·
2003 - 141k miles
original tranny - no issues so far. Actually the only item that I have replaced is the starter. Still on original timing belt as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.