Cruise Control Not Working!? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Cruise Control Not Working!?

03 X cruise control was working...After a few changes like replacing steering angle sensor, all led bulbs inside and out, changing gauge bulbs to leds, and replacing stock "flasher" with LED flasher, I have found my cruise not wanting to work. I can't get the light on that says cruise in the switch to the left of the wheel to even light...I have checked the only cruise fuse I know of on the driver side fuse panel. Any other suggestions? Would the LED Flasher relay have anything to do with this or any of the other changes I have made above? Is there a relay for the cruise? could it be my "Cruise/VSA" swicth gone bad? HELP...
rxpman100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cruise control

Were you able to get your cruise control working? Mine just went out this weekend. I checked the fuse also.
hammergator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

The light in my switch hasn't worked in years, but the cruise still works when I engage it with the steering wheel button, and the cruise light on the dash comes on. I never turn the cruise button next to the steering wheel off, I assume that's why the light burned out long ago.

MidnightMDX's Awesome FAQ for the '01-'06 MDX
Sinecure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Here is what happen to me a couple of months ago, It was the clock spring cable,

Broken horn est.
paid the $ 138 to have the horn diag. at the dealer.

They said it was a clockspring cable and it was also called a reel assy. cost for part $ 85.00 But part is not in stock. Will have it this Tuesday. They put the steering wheel and air bag back together and I will reschedule the repairs next week.

Total fix would be $356.00 minus todays fee and a balance of $233 at the time of repairs. The $233 includes the parts and labor .

Does it sound like I am getting charged twice for labor? Or the trouble shooting fee is always applied and the book rate for labor extra?

Also on the way home I noticed the cruse control would not ingage from the steering wheel control. Did not test that before I took it in. I hope this is all part of this cable. The way the gentelman explaned it to me is that the steering wheel functions all go through this device. Horn and cruse control repaired!
wifescar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

i had this same problem , my horn , cruise control and all steering radio controls stopped working, so When i took my car in for an alignment I asked one of the technicians at acura and he told me it was definately the Steering wheel assembly, which was $90 for the part and $350 to have it installed. So guess what i did, i bought the part for $90 and took it home and installed it myself. After i installed it , everything started working , the horn , cruise control and steering radio controls, Another plus , My SRS light that had been on since i bought the car went off finally.
Installing it was pretty simple if you're someone that likes to fix cars. i had to remove the steering wheel to get to it. it took about 25mins.
Azoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

My problem is just the cruise control, Radio controls and horn still work.
hammergator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

When you take your car to Acura , this is the same part that will be replaced for $350. $90 for this part and the rest for the labour. Everything on the steering wheel connects to this part , the cruise control, the horn, the radio controls and the SRS ( Airbag). So if your cruise control is not working , this spare part is the reason why. When you take your car in to have it fixed, ask them to give you or show you the part that was replaced in the steering wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Cruise Control Not Working!?-cimg2767.jpg  
Azoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Did you need a steering wheel puller to get the steering wheel off?
bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have had the same problem. the cruise control, airbag warning light, horn and stereo controls on the steering wheel all went out. It was the clockspring part in the steering wheel that went bad. $85 for the part and $356 labor to fix it. I did not want to mess with the airbag so I had it done at the local shop. Everything is working now. The problems were intermittent but when the air bag light went on I decided it was time to get it fixed.
kfossey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Cruise Control

My 2001 MDX Cruise control was fixed with a new clock spring. Easy to replace but you need a steering wheel puller and some patience. Be careful of the airbag.
bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'm having a similar problem with my cruise control on an '01. It started working intermittently. Then the LED light stopped working and then the CC stopped working entirely. Fuses look good.

The odd thing is that if I reset the computer (by popping the battery cables off for 10 minutes) the cruise control will work for a short time again... and then it stops working again.

Do you think it still is the reel/clockspring assembly?
nitetiger4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mine just went out this weekend. I checked the fuse also.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett View Post
My 2001 MDX Cruise control was fixed with a new clock spring. Easy to replace but you need a steering wheel puller and some patience. Be careful of the airbag.
This is odd no Acura I've ever pulled ther steering wheel off needed a puller after you remove the bolt it slides off but it has to but taken off with a air tool or impatq and has to be retourq back on!
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: