What is a Valet Push Button program switch??? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-27-2008, 12:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

What is a Valet Push Button program switch???

As you might already know, my remote starter stopped working, and in trouble shooting any potential issues, I'm hoping relinking the key Fob to the transmitter will do the trick, but the instructions call for Pressing and releasing the Valet Push button Program 3 times.

Does anyone know what this is?

If I can find this then I should be able to do the rest.

if you do know, could you PLEASE please please attach a photo, I checked under my dash and could not find anything.

Thanks!

Phil
xocruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2008, 02:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Chopper Challenge Champion

The Valet Button will shut off the alarm. It is usually mounted somewhere below the underside panel, but thats not always the case.

Do you know the brand/model? If you dont, better try and find out.
midnightMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by midnightMDX
The Valet Button will shut off the alarm. It is usually mounted somewhere below the underside panel, but thats not always the case.

Do you know the brand/model? If you dont, better try and find out.
Hi Midnight, You always seem to have the answers or at least try. I appreciate it!

Its an AudioVox - Pursuit Series. I cant seem to find any info on Pursuit series, but I did on Audiovox. I know theres the On/Off switch for the Starter, but that's not the problem.

The car alarm is standard Factory -Is there a standard place where they install the valet push button? I know in my Acura Integra, it had it by the left foot.

I can't imagine they made it so difficult to find. If i can find this, I can likely relink the starter and will be so happy!

If you do know where this is on your X, can you upload a photo if posible?
Thank u thank u!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Is it using the factory Acura remote or is it an aftermarket remote?

They have alot of different systems, yours may not even be listed.
http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...ductId=&brand=
Old 12-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Is it using the factory Acura remote or is it an aftermarket remote?

They have alot of different systems, yours may not even be listed.
http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...ductId=&brand=
Ok, I think I'm confused about something. I thought the Valet Push button controls the Alarm. If so, the Alarm is Factory Acura.

The remote starter is Audio Vox. The only thing I know that was installed from Audio Vox is the On/Off switch.

Overall, I have two key fobs, one that is Acura, that controls Alarm and the Remote starter(audio vox) which can lock, unlock, and remote start.

So would the Valet Push Button be an Acura or Audio Vox ? - I would think if its related to the alarm, which is Acura, it would be standard on all cars. Arent' all Acuras/mdx's come with Alarms? And wouldnt they all have the same Valet Push button?

Am I getting closer? Am I being confusing? Am I still sounding confused?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Acura factory alarm does not come with a valet switch. That is a feature of the after market system that came with the remote start.

See if you can find the original installer and have him point out where he installed the switch. It could be anywhere.
Neo ProLink iPod Adapter
Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth
highcountrymdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

As highcountry said, there is no valet button. The problem must either be in the wiring or the brain of the remote start module. Maybe you should call AudioVox customer service and see if they can assist you.

Were you able to find your AudioVox remote on that site? That way you can figure what model you have, and probably find a manual or troubleshooting guide. If you cant, just post a picture of the Audiovox remote, and I can try to search around.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
As highcountry said, there is no valet button. The problem must either be in the wiring or the brain of the remote start module. Maybe you should call AudioVox customer service and see if they can assist you.

Were you able to find your AudioVox remote on that site? That way you can figure what model you have, and probably find a manual or troubleshooting guide. If you cant, just post a picture of the Audiovox remote, and I can try to search around.
Ok, that makes a little sense. I did email Audiovox but I havenet got a response yet, I'm not too surprised, their website seems a bit shabby. I'll follow up again.

Its just weird because theres no mention of a Valet switch in any of the documentation other than in the linking instructions. Such as where it even is located. grrr.......so upset about this.

But thanks for your help, i guess I'll have to take it from here.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

I just found images of what Valet push buttons look like. Oddly enough, I dont see ANYTHING like this in the car. I only see an On/Off switch that flips up or down, not a push button.

This is going to be frustrating, but at least I have an idea what it should look like.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

If it is *just* a remote start, chances are it *is* just a little on/off toggle switch. Valet switches are part of a full-fledged aftermarket alarm system. Bypass switches (like what you have ) are meant for remote starts only. You usually shut off the remote start when a service department has it because you don't want it accidentally starting if they're trying to work underneath/inside it (most have a kill switch under the hood so when the hood is up it won't work either).

You might just need to toggle the switch on and off three times in a row to reach the desired effect.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by pianoman41
If it is *just* a remote start, chances are it *is* just a little on/off toggle switch. Valet switches are part of a full-fledged aftermarket alarm system. Bypass switches (like what you have ) are meant for remote starts only. You usually shut off the remote start when a service department has it because you don't want it accidentally starting if they're trying to work underneath/inside it (most have a kill switch under the hood so when the hood is up it won't work either).

You might just need to toggle the switch on and off three times in a row to reach the desired effect.
I was thinking the same thing. The only problem is that the instructions are so retarded. It says there will be a blinking light that will stay lit once u press and release it, well i did, but nothing happened. I am afraid it might be someting else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: