Would love some input - Trading 07 Tech/Ent for 13 Tech/Ent or Pilot Touring - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Quick response to my post
Keep you're current 07 MDX. It's not worth the $$ to trade out of it. 8 53.33%
Buy the 2013 Tech/Ent - The deal offered is great! 0 0%
Buy the 2013 Tech/Ent - The deal offered is good. 2 13.33%
Don't buy the 2013 Tech/Ent - You're getting hosed. 2 13.33%
Take a closer look at the Pilot 2 13.33%
A pilot? Are you crazy. You'll reget it. 3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm with PTC in terms of just keeping it. I'm sure its still a nice SUV and to have it paid off is even better. Maybe because I'm personally sick of car payments though.
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Just traded the wife's '07 Tech @ 70k miles for $20k, to upgrade to a '13 Tech at $42k including BSM and clear mask. She is thrilled and could care less about waiting for the '14. YMMV.

In addition to the buzz of a new vehicle, the following refinements are noticeable day one on an otherwise same edition:

- 6 speed tranny
- Paddle shifters
- Cabin noise levels seem much more quiet
- HID headlamps
- Power rear liftgate with buttons at driver door and liftgate
- Improved back up camera
- Much stronger bluetooth connectivity and audio quality
- Very capable voice command
- USB connect for Ipod/Iphone
- Much improved Nav system, including features, intuitive use, and screen
- Exterior: single breastplate grill, partially tinted front and rear headlights, ,sharper front skirting and trim
- Interior: nicer leather, headrest addition to seemingly larger third row seats, improved center console buttons (ie: fan button now on driver side of column), added small but useful rear cargo box below floor
harry1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pej7445
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry1 View Post
Just traded the wife's '07 Tech @ 70k miles for $20k, to upgrade to a '13 Tech at $42k including BSM and clear mask. She is thrilled and could care less about waiting for the '14. YMMV.

In addition to the buzz of a new vehicle, the following refinements are noticeable day one on an otherwise same edition:

- 6 speed tranny
- Paddle shifters
- Cabin noise levels seem much more quiet
- HID headlamps
- Power rear liftgate with buttons at driver door and liftgate
- Improved back up camera
- Much stronger bluetooth connectivity and audio quality
- Very capable voice command
- USB connect for Ipod/Iphone
- Much improved Nav system, including features, intuitive use, and screen
- Exterior: single breastplate grill, partially tinted front and rear headlights, ,sharper front skirting and trim
- Interior: nicer leather, headrest addition to seemingly larger third row seats, improved center console buttons (ie: fan button now on driver side of column), added small but useful rear cargo box below floor
Thanks for the feedback. I've got a 07 Tech/Ent so I already have the Power Tailgate. I think the HID headlamps too, but perhaps they have improved them.

I have 16k more miles on my MDX than you had on yours and I'm looking at a Tech/Ent which costs about $1750 more (invoice) than a Tech model.

The best I've been offered has been a trade for $26k, $4k more than your deal. Obviously these prices vary by region, used car manager appraisals and trade condition.

In hindsight I'm kind of wishing I just did the deal back on 12/29 because Acura still had 0.9% for 60 months. Now I have to take 36 months to get that rate or pay double the interest (1.9%).

I appreciate that someone else out there felt there was good reason to upgrade from 07 to 13 model years.
pej7445 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

I've looked pretty hard at the Pilot. Taken one home for an over night test drive. It's a very capable vehicle, but not an MDX. If I could get a phenomenal deal on one I might buy it.

After shopping my trade hard for the past 2 weeks I've reached the conclusion that dealers don't want to pay more than $16,500-$17,500 (real money) for it. So I've decided to sell it myself, it's on Autotrader. I am in no hurry so why take such a low price?

If/when it sells then I'll buy another MDX.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quick update after 4 days in the 2013.

In addition to the above, we can definitively confirm that the newer edition is much more quiet, stiff, and smooth on the road. Same can be said for door closures - much more solid with a tighter apparent air seal. The new stereo components provide significantly better sonic quality.

By way of comparison, our '07 X had new Continental tires, fresh roadforce balance, and alignment. She was also well cared for with no rough road use. So to us it feels like Acura actually did considerably beef up frame architecture, welds, and insulation on this model year as they advertise. Yes, at first I was skeptical that my better half was overly excited by a new toy, but after experiencing it first hand, she is correct.
harry1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quick update:

I'm now being offered the same car but instead of a trade difference of $26k +++ they are now at $25,250 +++ and they say this is the "final offer" :-/

The new X would come with Body Side Moldings, Roof Rails, Cross Bars for Roof Rails, Wheel locks and some other dealer garbage about paint sealant and leather protection.

The won't swap my hitch/running boards as previously discussed. But since then I've learned that the running boards wouldn't fit anyway. They will let me take my hitch/wiring off the trade though (which I've already done).

Finally, it seems that I need new tires, like now. The Yokohama AVID Envigors were great while they lasted, but after just 37k they are done. Very disappointing - esp because they have a '60,000 mile tread-life'

Feel free to chime in on my newest deal/offer or vote again in the poll.

Thanks again for your thoughts/input.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pej7445 View Post
Quick update:

Finally, it seems that I need new tires, like now. The Yokohama AVID Envigors were great while they lasted, but after just 37k they are done. Very disappointing - esp because they have a '60,000 mile tread-life'

Thanks again for your thoughts/input.
Yokohama stepped up and got me new tires today for a 75% discount, so I'm good to go!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quick update: Because Acura ended their finance promotion and Honda continued to offer 1.9% I went with the Pilot. I've had the Pilot for 9 months now, put about 14k on it. So far no regrets. The space is amazing. The vehicle is much more versatile than the MDX when you're dealing with a lot of people and stuff.

Here is my overall thought between the two cars.

2010-2013 MDX - If you only have 1-2 kids and don't have a lot of cargo requirements, it's an awesome choice. The premium price is worth it compared to the pilot. I can't speak to the 2104 MDX, but based on initial contact with it, I don't like it.

2012-2013 Pilot Touring 4WD - Incredible 'utility' vehicle with just about all the 'bells and whistles' that you get on the MDX for about 10-12% less money. Not as stylish, but much more functional for space. Almost identical navigation system functionality and better fuel economy as well. I have had no issues with the VCM, it is imperceptible to me.

Happy trails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: