2013 New MDX with Tech & ENT package - best price range in GA? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

2013 New MDX with Tech & ENT package - best price range in GA?

2013 New MDX with Tech & ENT package -What would be best price range (drive-out) for a new 2013 MDX with Tech & ENT package in GA? My tax rate is 7%.
expensiveduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Dealer cost on a 2013 MDX Technology/Entertainment is currently invoice ($45,194) minus holdback ($977) minus incentives ($2,500), or $41,717. A really good deal is usually $300-1000 over the actual dealer cost. So you should be able to get one for somewhere in the $42,000-42,700 range. On top of that figure, you can add your local charges for sales tax and for registration and title fees.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

the least quote I got for this one was 43K +TTL. I am not sure if I can get still lower than that. Please advice
Old 12-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well, that's $1300 over dealer cost. Not a great deal, but not terrible either.

If they won't go down in price, you might ask them to throw in some accessories you might be interested in at no extra charge - cargo mat, cargo cover, stuff like that. You can see a list of accessories here.

And if you end up just buying the car at that price, don't feel bad, it's not like you're all that far off.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxtasy View Post
Well, that's $1300 over dealer cost. Not a great deal, but not terrible either.

If they won't go down in price, you might ask them to throw in some accessories you might be interested in at no extra charge - cargo mat, cargo cover, stuff like that. You can see a list of accessories here.

And if you end up just buying the car at that price, don't feel bad, it's not like you're all that far off.
Finally, I bought MDX with Tech & ENT for 42500+Titile+Tax+ Registration. Also I spent 1000 for Advance running board + Body side molding + Roof rails black + all season mat + Cargo tray.

In total it comes to….43500+TTL = around 47K (drive-out) for the whole package. Please let me know what you guys think about this deal? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by expensiveduck View Post
Please let me know what you guys think about this deal?
I think you got a GREAT deal. You got them down to $800 over cost for the car, which is very good, to begin with. And the accessories made it an even better deal; those normally sell at Tim's discount prices for $1300, so to pay $1000 for them means you saved another $300 by buying them along with the car. Well done!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hi guys, the prices being quoted here, do they include destination? On a 2013 with Tech and Ent, I was quoted $42,400 + Dest and TTL without any negotiations yet... I'm in MD.
prelude1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

A piece of unsolicited advise, skip the entertainment and spend that money on two iPads.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestrepo View Post
A piece of unsolicited advise, skip the entertainment and spend that money on two iPads.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
This was exactly my plan as well. Not to knock someone who wants the entertainment package. But for the money you can get two seat mounts for the back front seats and have a much bigger and nicer picture for the kids.

Free bump though, sorry to derail the thread.
Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

LOL, good point. I was thinking about that and you could say the same about the Tech package - use my phone as the Nav.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well, there is a little more argument in favor of the tech package, you get better leather, audio and more connectivity with your phone (BT audio)....I know that the RES adds heated seats and power outlet, but my kids are still using child seats so they would not be able to enjoy that for a few years. The navigation itself is not too bad either.
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

An update - got off the phone with the sales guy and it's now 41800 without too much trouble. Factor in the dest, it's in line with what others have quoted. I'll try to get it this weekend and report back.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude1997 View Post
hi guys, the prices being quoted here, do they include destination?
Yes. So you should be paying $42,000-42,700 including destination charges, but not including taxes, title fees, and license/registration fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude1997 View Post
An update - got off the phone with the sales guy and it's now 41800 without too much trouble. Factor in the dest, it's in line with what others have quoted. I'll try to get it this weekend and report back.
Yes, that's much better. With destination charge (I'm guessing $600-700?), that puts you right in that $42,000-42,700 range. Go for it!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

We took the advice offered here regarding the Ent package and chose one with the Tech only. Paid 40500 + TTL. Got the side molding and cargo tray thrown in. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pej7445
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxtasy View Post
Dealer cost on a 2013 MDX Technology/Entertainment is currently invoice ($45,194) minus holdback ($977) minus incentives ($2,500), or $41,717. A really good deal is usually $300-1000 over the actual dealer cost. So you should be able to get one for somewhere in the $42,000-42,700 range. On top of that figure, you can add your local charges for sales tax and for registration and title fees.
Add $895 for destination charge to these figures...
pej7445 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: