Looking to buy a MDX. - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Looking to buy a MDX.

Hey guys im new to this site... but not new to the forums.

names Dharminder but u can call me ISH. Im the previous owner of a Nissan Maxima, (beautiful car) and loved it but now its time to move on. And I wanted to get a SUV since I have a large family. So I wanted a Luxury SUV (thats not american) that's a V6 and holds 7 people. I don't own a MDX yet but am looking to get 1. I want a Black/Black MDX with preferably tech package and entertainment package. I just don't know where to get 1 as yet. I need some advice on the dealership to go to.

And I know im gonna get the mod bug when i get it, so i wanna get an exhaust for it, prolly to sound like a stock fx35.
Im glad to be on this site, and hopefully get to know some people on here.

Thanks for reading.
Ishqkapujari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Where are you located?

02 Honda S2000 -- Berlina Black/Black
99 Acura RL -- Naples Gold Metallic/Parchment
12 Toyota Avalon Limited
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishqkapujari View Post
I just don't know where to get 1 as yet. I need some advice on the dealership to go to.
If you're buying new, you probably want to shop at the dealers closest to home. You can find the closest dealers to you by entering your zip code on the Acura website. But you can also shop by price on the internet, maybe you'll find a dealer not as close to home who's willing to give you a better deal.

If you're buying used, you'll find the biggest selection of MDX's for sale on Autotrader.com You can also check cars.com, vehix.com, eBay, and the classifieds forum on this site. It may be worth it to travel a bit to find a better deal.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins2rt View Post
Where are you located?
im located in nyc (manhattan) but am def willing to travel to get the mdx.... i still have my dads car so i can go wherever to get the mdx.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxtasy View Post
If you're buying new, you probably want to shop at the dealers closest to home. You can find the closest dealers to you by entering your zip code on the Acura website. But you can also shop by price on the internet, maybe you'll find a dealer not as close to home who's willing to give you a better deal.

If you're buying used, you'll find the biggest selection of MDX's for sale on Autotrader.com You can also check cars.com, vehix.com, eBay, and the classifieds forum on this site. It may be worth it to travel a bit to find a better deal.
thanks alot for ur input sir.. but im not that rich to buy the mdx brand new... but im def gonna be buying 1 fairly new, with low miles .. anywhere from 25k-35k miles... Im def gonna be looking for dealerships close to home but def not in manhattan, probably gonna go to nj or even PA.
I want 1 black on black with a tech package... the interiors on these cars look so sexy... and is it just me or after the 09 models, the fronts of the 2010's + look nasty? lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Craig is my best friend. I use him and his list too too much

2010 acura mdx $26499

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/3440131618.html

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
SweetMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Think about what you want, how much you're willing to pay (whether or not to pay more for a car that's newer and/or lower mileage, for example). Get to know the market, what prices generally are for what you're looking for. Right now there are 400 different used 2009-2013 MDX's with under 45K miles for sale on Autotrader within 200 miles of Midtown (click here for list). You can narrow that list down based on price, color, proximity, CPO status (if you want to buy one with a certified warranty), version (Base, Technology, Advance), etc.

Oh wait, I see you added some info:

Quote:
I want 1 black on black with a tech package... the interiors on these cars look so sexy... and is it just me or after the 09 models, the fronts of the 2010's + look nasty? lol.
Okay, we'll take the previous list (under 45K within 200 miles), change the search to 2007-2009 MDX's, and limit it to ones that are black and have the Technology package, and there are 21 listed. Click here.

Quote:
is it just me or after the 09 models, the fronts of the 2010's + look nasty? lol.
They refreshed the styling in 2010. Many folks like the newer version better, but some others don't. Buy whatever YOU like best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMDX View Post
Craig is my best friend.
The OP wants to buy one with 25-35K miles, and you give him a link to one with 82K miles??? It also doesn't have the color he wants, the Technology package he wants, or the earlier styling he wants. Other than that, it's perfect!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

2010 acura mdx $26499

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/cto/3440131618.html

Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Opps. Looks like I posted it twice. Sorry but blame it on the iPhone app

Old 12-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMDX View Post

2010 acura mdx $26499

2010 acura mdx

nah bro im trying to get 1 from a 07-09 body style really dont like the 10+ styles.

i will try craigslist but im trying to make a $10-12k down payment and then finance the rest... thanks a lot tho.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Cars for Sale: 2009 Acura MDX in Pittsburgh, PA 15216: Sport Utility Details - 331492045 - AutoTrader.com

how is this 1 guys?

or this 1? but this 1 im kinda weary about... why is the price so damn low?

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=2&Log=0
Old 12-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

im in love with this 1...

Cars for Sale: 2009 Acura MDX w/ Technology & Entertainment in Dumfries, VA 22026: Sport Utility Details - 334931066 - AutoTrader.com

my question is has anyone ever purchased their mdx from autotrader? and what r their reviews? are they safe to purchase from? even tho i know most autotrader sales are actual dealers.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Cars for Sale: 2009 Acura MDX in Pittsburgh, PA 15216: Sport Utility Details - 331492045 - AutoTrader.com

how is this 1 guys?

or this 1? but this 1 im kinda weary about... why is the price so damn low?

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
Cars for Sale: 2009 Acura MDX in Long Island City, NY 11101: Sport Utility Details - 325877317 - AutoTrader.com
FYI that is not a "low" price. Infact that looks to be about normal.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
nah bro im trying to get 1 from a 07-09 body style really dont like the 10+ styles.

i will try craigslist but im trying to make a $10-12k down payment and then finance the rest... thanks a lot tho.
There are a few things you need to know though about the differences of the 07'-'09' compared to the '10 and up that are more than just cosmetic differences.

A few of the basic things that the '10 that I believe the older models don't have are standard power tail gate, heated side mirrors, back-up camera in the rear view mirror, 6-speed transmission with paddle shifters, lighter 18" wheels. (Others members please correct me if I'm wrong.)

So IMO if you can get a 2010 for the same price and mileage as the previous ones, then it will be a much better deal.

If I can do it all over again today, I would personally get a 2010 and up for myself.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
my question is has anyone ever purchased their mdx from autotrader? and what r their reviews? are they safe to purchase from? even tho i know most autotrader sales are actual dealers.
You don't purchase from Autotrader. Autotrader is a listing website. (It's just like an ad in the newspaper - you don't buy the car from the newspaper dealer, right?)

Most, but not all, listings on Autotrader are by actual dealers; there are also some listings for private sellers, and are labeled as such.

I bought my MDX from a dealer after seeing his listing on Autotrader. I'm happy.

As with any used car purchase, the usual caveats apply - check the Carfax (most dealers provide this for you free), check it out in person, etc.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: