Looking to buy a MDX. - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetrical View Post
A few of the basic things that the '10 that I believe the older models don't have are standard power tail gate, heated side mirrors, back-up camera in the rear view mirror, 6-speed transmission with paddle shifters, lighter 18" wheels. (Others members please correct me if I'm wrong.)
The power tailgate was a standard part of the Technology package beginning in 2009 (tip of the hat to Hodog16 who posted that a couple of days ago). And my 2004 Touring has heated side mirrors so I'm sure that's standard too...
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
FYI that is not a "low" price. Infact that looks to be about normal.
Huh? That price ($22,888) is $5-7K less than all the other cars on that list (21 black MDX's from 2007-2009 with the technology package with under 45K miles, within 200 miles of NYC - see link above).

Maybe you were looking at the price of the first link in his post...? I'm sure he was referring to the second link.

As for why the price is low, you're going to have to do the research yourself. Check the Carfax, go look at it (maybe it's been in an accident, or flooded by Sandy), etc. We've given you direction, but you need to do the work, go check it out in person, etc. There are lots of articles on the internet about what to look for in a used car and how to avoid problems. Again, you need to do a lot of the homework yourself.

Good luck!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxtasy View Post
Huh? That price ($22,888) is $5-7K less than all the other cars on that list (21 black MDX's from 2007-2009 with the technology package with under 45K miles, within 200 miles of NYC - see link above).

Maybe you were looking at the price of the first link in his post...? I'm sure he was referring to the second link.

As for why the price is low, you're going to have to do the research yourself. Check the Carfax, go look at it (maybe it's been in an accident, or flooded by Sandy), etc. We've given you direction, but you need to do the work, go check it out in person, etc. There are lots of articles on the internet about what to look for in a used car and how to avoid problems. Again, you need to do a lot of the homework yourself.

Good luck!
thanks alot for ur input sir... i just wanted to make sure i was on the right track about purchasing this truck... is there anything specific to this truck i should be looking for? rust or leaks? what im trying to say is... is there any "common issues" with these trucks? kinda like a recall or something. i just wanna make sure i dont buy something im gonna have to put a arm n a leg into just for fixing it up...
im gonna be making another thread when I actually do get the truck on mods, and any advice on mods and what I should do to the truck.. I def am gonna put a nice alarm along with an autostart 2 way pager, and a nice audio system... any other feedback/input will be highly appreciated... and NSXtasy (sorry if i spelled ur username wrong) u seem to know your sh*t so i just wanna say thank u very much for all the input and links u have provided sir.
Ishqkapujari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishqkapujari View Post
Cars for Sale: 2009 Acura MDX in Pittsburgh, PA 15216: Sport Utility Details - 331492045 - AutoTrader.com

how is this 1 guys?

or this 1? but this 1 im kinda weary about... why is the price so damn low?

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
Cars for Sale: 2009 Acura MDX in Long Island City, NY 11101: Sport Utility Details - 325877317 - AutoTrader.com
No idea why the price on the second one is so low (other than the disclaimer in the dealer's ad that says to get that price you have to finance through them - maybe they screw you on interest rate?)

But just an FYI, neither of those has the Tech package. Easiest way to tell if it's not mentioned in the listing is to look for the Nav screen in the photos.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Cars for Sale: 2009 Acura MDX w/ Technology & Entertainment in Dumfries, VA 22026: Sport Utility Details - 334931066 - AutoTrader.com

heres 1 with a nav screen and i personally like this 1 the most... i just wanted to know how are the stock sound systems on these mdx's? And the handling as in taking turns and what not.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxtasy View Post

Yup I was looking at the wrong thing. All I saw was $26k.
symmetrical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMDX View Post
Craig is my best friend. I use him and his list too too much

2010 acura mdx $26499

2010 acura mdx

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Wonder what my '11 tech with 8,000 miles will bring?
Bill_de is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
A few of the basic things that the '10 that I believe the older models don't have are standard power tail gate, heated side mirrors, back-up camera in the rear view mirror, 6-speed transmission with paddle shifters, lighter 18" wheels. (Others members please correct me if I'm wrong.)
Paddle shifters make me feel like I'm driving a sport car In 2010 and up, put it in sport then shift once to lock the MDX in full manual (as in it will not auto shift).

For common problems, search the board for transmission, torque converter or seat leather.

SweetMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
is there anything specific to this truck i should be looking for? rust or leaks? what im trying to say is... is there any "common issues" with these trucks? kinda like a recall or something. i just wanna make sure i dont buy something im gonna have to put a arm n a leg into just for fixing it up...
Just avoid the 2001-2002 years, which had transmission problems. Other than that, it's very reliable, with no common problems to be concerned about.

Of course, you need to do the usual due diligence you would do with any used car - inspecting it closely in person, etc. If it comes with a warranty (either the remainder of the new-car warranty, or a CPO certified pre-owned car), you will have some assurance that any mechanical problems you experience immediately will be taken care of. But you really shouldn't have any.

Quote:
any advice on mods and what I should do to the truck.. I def am gonna put a nice alarm along with an autostart 2 way pager, and a nice audio system...
Get the car first, and see how you like it. You may have totally different ideas about what (if anything) to change, once you try it out.

Also, beware, aftermarket alarm systems can be a PITA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons04mdx View Post
But just an FYI, neither of those has the Tech package. Easiest way to tell if it's not mentioned in the listing is to look for the Nav screen in the photos.
Actually, the easiest way to tell is from the VIN. The VIN on the base model starts with 2HNYD282 while the higher-level models don't:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillHeart View Post
2HNYD282 = Base
2HNYD283 = Tech
2HNYD284 = Tech/Ent
2HNYD285 = Sport (Includes Tech)
2HNYD286 = Tech w/ PTG (Starts 3-4/08+ Production
2HNYD288 = Sport/Ent
Quote:
how are the stock sound systems on these mdx's? And the handling as in taking turns and what not.
Excellent. You really need to go to a dealer and take one for a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_de View Post
Wonder what my '11 tech with 8,000 miles will bring?
EDIT: Helpful information removed. The sooner "Nasty Bill" sells his car and leaves this forum, the better!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

Nsxtasy,

Thanks for the info.

You've shown me that one of the real benefits of owning the X is experienced by getting rid of it.
Bill_de is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_de View Post
Nsxtasy,

Thanks for the info.

You've shown me that one of the real benefits of owning the X is experienced by getting rid of it.
You'll have to tell us how the jeep resale is once you get to that point.

tolson37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #27 (permalink)

thanks alot nsxtasy... im gonna schedule a test drive really soon, but kinda caught up in xmas shopping n what not so probably after the new year... and hey i had a question... is the sport/entertainment package really worth getting? like its about 3-4k more than the reg entertainment and tech package... i was just wondering if its actually worth getting... and does the sport package also come with the 3rd row seat?

thanks for any/all input again.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

so I just googled the differences and I think im gonna go with the sports/ent package mdx. people r saying its the diff btwn night and day, and I wanna go with the sports suspension, so i kinda did answer my own question.

Acura MDX Sport vs Tech. Opinions on Handling - Car Forums - Edmunds

for anyone that wants to see for themselves.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
so I just googled the differences and I think im gonna go with the sports/ent package mdx. people r saying its the diff btwn night and day, and I wanna go with the sports suspension, so i kinda did answer my own question.
Just so you're aware, the Sport package adds the active damper system sport suspension, as well as special wheels and perforated leather trim. The Entertainment package includes a rear-seat DVD entertainment system, heated second-row seats, a power liftgate* and a 115-volt power outlet.

Here's my point. If you have kids and will be transporting them in the MDX, it's quite possible you'll want the Entertainment package in addition to the Sport package. But if you don't, then you probably don't need the Entertainment package, so you might want to shop for the Sport package with OR without the Entertainment package.

The Sport package is not very common. Click here for an Autotrader list of 49 different black 2007-2009 MDX's, under 45K miles, within 200 miles of Midtown. These 49 have the word "sport" in the listing, but not all have the Sport package; you'll need to check the VIN as noted above, to make sure it actually has the Sport package, because some listings have the word "sport" in some other context (even the word transportation). Only two of these listings actually say they have the Sport package in the title of the listing. You may want to broaden your search by considering other colors, wider geography, or back off your need for the Sport package. But if that's what you want, they're out there.

HTH

*Partway through the 2008 model year, they made the power liftgate available as a factory option without the Entertainment package, and the power liftgate became standard with the Technology package beginning in 2009.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #30 (permalink)

To the OP - you can search certified pre-owned options through the acura website. I like in the Albany area and drove down to the Newburg area to get mine. I fould great prices through Feders and DCH (apologies if I am not supposed to mention specific dealers). We have friends that traveled to NJ to get their RDX - so there are lots of options and good prices downstate.

You probably won't find many sport models though - most are base or tech packages since they are generally off-lease vehicles.
kokerj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: