XM 1 year $60 renewal - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

XM one year promo for $60

Called and simply asked for the $60 dollar promotion.

First try they said no because I already had one promotion.

2nd try, no problem. As a bonus, she combined my Odyssey XM account with my MDX account and restarted my 3 month promotion.

So after my 3 months run out, my one year begins.

Required credit card. She said I would be billed when the 3 month promotion runs out. $60 for each car.

Pretty good deal.
slocko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2004, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks, slocko. I called XM and got the $60 year rate for our 04 TL but couldn't get that deal for our 04 MDX cause I put in an XM Roady receiver (aftermarket). But they allowed me to keep the Roady on the books under the family plan @ $6.99 a month. They explained that the deal is for Honda and GM factory installed units. Compared to what I had been paying, I will realize a savings of $60 next year. I listen to XM exclusively in each of our cars. I have a mountainous work commute and the signal is always right on.
2006 Vintage Green Vespa GT200
mdefrances is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2004, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

XM radio says this promo is for pre-installed XM radio set (GM/HONDA/ACURA) only, and I get my next year service for $60. Unfortunately, when I asked them if I can pay $120 for 2 years, they said no....
Siliconbug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2004, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Guys,

When you called, what information did they ask from you? VIN number perhaps? The reason I'm asking this is because I want to call them now but don't have the X with me.

Thanks.

pisay87
2005 MDX Touring with NAV and RES delivered on 11/22/2004, NBP with Ebony Interior. OEM: Chrome Side Steps, Tailgate Spoiler, BSM, Wood-Grain Meter Trim Kit and Steering Wheel, Cargo Tray, Cargo Cover, Cargo Net, Fullnose Mask, All Weather Floor Mats and Wheel Locks. Non-OEM: Armano Hampton 20" rims with Yokohama H/T-S 275/45/20, PIAA Xtreme White Plus for lows, Ion Yellow for fogs and Super White/Super Plasma for interiors and BABY ON BOARD sign.
pisay87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2004, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
ACX

drop xm and support sirius.
KONO #8
ACX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2004, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

account number or radio id number.

but if you have neither, i am pretty sure they can look you up.

Quote:
Originally posted by pisay87
Guys,

When you called, what information did they ask from you? VIN number perhaps? The reason I'm asking this is because I want to call them now but don't have the X with me.

Thanks.

pisay87
slocko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2004, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

XM $60.00 Year

Once again, I am appreciative of this board. I just called and they hooked me up for 1 year at the $60.00
This was my first time with XM, but in the week I have had it, it has been all I have listened to.

Nice feature that I sure won't do withiut in the future.

Thanks all!

2002 SanteFe
2001 Mazda Miata Special Edition
telstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2004, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

I called XM radio and theY said I could only get the promo from the dealer....
I called back and got a different person, and she hooked me up with no hassle - $60 for 1 year beginning at the end of my 3 month trial.

(it's beyond me why the 1st person couldn't do that )

I had to give her the promo code that I found on another thread - if you need it, it is : ZWINBACK MYP1

ghabicht is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2004, 01:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

parallels my experience - first CSR would not make any attempt to "tack on this promo to the first90day free trial" provided by MDX being an '05 and new sign-up. Refused outright (wasn't ugly or anything...just following her policy as she knew it).

So thanks to this thread....I called back....and pursuaded the 2nd CSR to go ahead (she did not want to initially) enter the promo and see "if the computer" would accept the promo...and it did. She was surprised herself....and commented it may be due to the type of car, as she had attempted to "tack on" the 1yr promo to GM cars still in the free 90day trial period...and her computer would not allow it.

maybe Acura has cut a deal w/ XM ?

FWIW, she never did ask me for the promo code, but seemed immediately to be aware of it. Also, she asked where I had seen the promotion...told her a forum for cars.

YMMV
Old 12-08-2004, 02:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Just got $60 per car for 3 years!

Thanks sigmachi96 for guiding me back to this thread.

I just called XM and said that I wanted to sign up for the $60 per year Acura promotion. I spoke with a CSR named Kia. She asked me if I had a promotion code, and I indicated that I did not, but I believed it was a promotion for new Acura/Honda/GM owners who have XM radio with their new car.

I also told her that I have two new 2005 Acuras (TL and MDX) and I wanted it for both cars and wanted to pay for three years upfront. She said that she would have to do some investigation and call me back. She called me back in about 20 minutes and said that I was all set and that I would be charged $120 annually (2 cars) for three years. She indicated that she noted my account to that effect.

Very Cool!
Armano Dunamis 20" wheels
Tailgate Spoiler
Chrome Side Steps
Chrome Tailgate Garnish
Color Matched Mud Flaps
Muth Mirrors
Tinted Front Windows
Cargo Tray
Cargo Net
Dual OBX Mufflers
Zaino Wax System

2005 Desesrt Mist TL
1997 Black Mercedes S420
1993 White Mercedes 300E

2002 Harley Davidson Road Glide
Lacostacal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2004, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just did the 60/yr thing, but the CSR had no knowledge of extending the 60/yr deal past the 1-year "special."

I may call back in a week or so and try to finagle something or other, and will report back as I can.
infowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Re: Just got $60 per car for 3 years!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lacostacal
Thanks sigmachi96 for guiding me back to this thread.

I just called XM and said that I wanted to sign up for the $60 per year Acura promotion. I spoke with a CSR named Kia. She asked me if I had a promotion code, and I indicated that I did not, but I believed it was a promotion for new Acura/Honda/GM owners who have XM radio with their new car.

I also told her that I have two new 2005 Acuras (TL and MDX) and I wanted it for both cars and wanted to pay for three years upfront. She said that she would have to do some investigation and call me back. She called me back in about 20 minutes and said that I was all set and that I would be charged $120 annually (2 cars) for three years. She indicated that she noted my account to that effect.

Very Cool!
I asked about getting a $60/year deal for more than one year and they declined. I'll try them again after my 3 month free trial ends.

greg
uboltpb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2004, 03:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Finally got a chance to call XM, and got the deal on my first try. BTW, they asked for the promo code. Tried to extend the deal for another year but no luck. In any case, pretty good deal. Thanks.
2005 MDX Touring with NAV and RES delivered on 11/22/2004, NBP with Ebony Interior. OEM: Chrome Side Steps, Tailgate Spoiler, BSM, Wood-Grain Meter Trim Kit and Steering Wheel, Cargo Tray, Cargo Cover, Cargo Net, Fullnose Mask, All Weather Floor Mats and Wheel Locks. Non-OEM: Armano Hampton 20" rims with Yokohama H/T-S 275/45/20, PIAA Xtreme White Plus for lows, Ion Yellow for fogs and Super White/Super Plasma for interiors and BABY ON BOARD sign.
pisay87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2004, 09:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

hey, just tried to use the promotion on our 2005 steel blue. well, looks like i got an educated CSR, as he told me that the $60/yr deal was only good on vehicles passed their free 3 month evaluation.

so, i have to call back in 3 months to see if their offer is still good. on the flip side, i went out and bought a new delphi roady 2 for the 2004 mdx, and just finished installing it. that one is going on the family share plan.

this board rocks with all the neat stuff!
Old 12-16-2004, 12:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

XM 1 year $60 renewal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got an 05 MDX and 05 RL about the same time in Nov but the MDX has a 3 month trial period for the XM service. I received a letter regarding renewing even though we have 2 more months to go. I found some info in another forum about this $60 promotional special that some TL members got. After several attempts to find someone who knew about this special I was able to renew the MDX at that rate for one year..starting from the date my trial period would have ended. My credit card would be charged at that time.

I asked if I could do the same for the RL, even though it was 11 months from now, and the answer was..yes!

I told him I had other people with new Acura's who would want to do this also, and asked what the best way to get right to people there who know about this promotion. He said when you call the toll free number, ask to be transferred to the "tier 2" billing dept. There is a promotional code: ZWINBACKMYP1 also.

Many thanks to the people at the other TL forum for info on the promo and forewarning about calling until you connect with someone knowledgeable at XM.

BTW, I forgot to ask how long this promo is going to last.
2005 RL Carbon Grey
2002 TL Type S w/navi
peter97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: