Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Wind noise

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Zeigh 
#1 ·
Just bought an '07 late last week. When I test drove (a different X than I brought home) I listened for wind noise at ~80MPH and heard none.

This weekend my wife and I drove about 5 hours away for a wedding and I realized mine has quite a bit of wind noise (from the doors) at highway speed.

Just trying to gauge how much (if any) noise is normal at around 80MPH and if I should take it in to be addressed by the dealer.

Also, I can bit neurotic about my vehicles. :) And, I like to develop a relationship with the service managers. So, I don't want to be a pain/wrong right out of the gate.

Thanks,
Skip

#2 ·
If you're not happy, take it back to the dealer. Nevermind being a pain, you just forked over a boatload of cash for that vehicle. The Service Manager is there to make you happy. He should be concerned about his early impression on you, not the other way around.

#3 ·
Wind and/or Ticking Noise?

Hello,

I may have a similar issue to yours. Please read my post at:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28167

You describe a "wind" noise in your 2007 MDX, where my issue is a "ticking" noise related to vehicle speed and crosswinds in my 2006 MDX. Any chance they are the same issue?

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),
Dr. Z.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.