I am just wondering what problems are you trying to fix?
A few, like the filtration issue I have been preaching since my first post, as seen in the video. Removing the 2 internal filters. Also the clutches were burn black so those needed to be changed.
I am planning on rebuilding the trans on my 03 MDX also
Are you doing it yourself? IT IS A TON OF WORK TO INSTALL! I paid someone to drop it down for me so I could rebuild it with my mech. friend (long time friend= lower price quote!) I had planned to rebuild it myself and do a full tutorial, but I need more parts than what I initially anticipated, and soon my thanksgiving break was over, and I had too pay extra to get it done since I couldn't go to class and finish my HW at the same time.... lost a big opportunity to show the forum some stuff.
I'll ask my mech. if he has the part for the compression holder. I'll pass you the info.
Also, any tips/tricks that you would like to share?
1. remove both rad hoses to get to the trans.
2. you must also remove the front diff, front frame, cv axles, also power steering rack. not fun. 4 hours of work.
3. get a transmission jack, not a floor jack. (unless you have a two post lift.
4. use masking tape to label all parts & screws.
5. use an engine hoist to hold the engine while rebuilding.
6. My trans was previously rebuilt, some idiot mech, and I found a few errors, the flared ring on clutch 3 was upside down, ripped a clutch seal, burning my clutch set.
i'll write some more once I remember.