Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

RV6 Performance J-Pipe Interest Thread

83K views 262 replies 76 participants last post by  Alpine003 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is Rich from RV6 performance. I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a AWD compatible jpipe coming around 8/4. We are looking for a MDX in the Chicagoland area to do a test fitting. Here are some pictures of our design on a 2010 TL AWD. I will be happy to answer questions at rv6performance@gmail.com

See less See more
#189 ·
So sorry about the delay guys. We are keeping very busy keeping up with our current orders. We will be adding the 10-11 jpipe on the website shortly. It has been tested over the summer. We are still looking for someone with a 07-09 and 04-06 that can send there jpipe in for some measurement.

Thanks for those that keep reminding me by email. :29:

#192 ·
Its up now on the site:
RV6 Performance | MDX 10-11 Jpipe

I though the 07-09 (18210-STX-A02) was the same size as the 10-13(18210-SZA-A01). Im going to check again.

EDIT:
So I was correct. The J-pipe is the same size for the 07-09 and the 10-13.
It Richie made the j-pipe a direct replacement and did not delete the cat, one application would fit all and I wouldn’t have to unbolt it every 2 years to pass smog. I wonder how much more HP is gained by deleting the cat?

So I checked the cat size next. The 07-09 is 18160-RYE-A00 and the 10-13 is 18160-RYE-A10. There is only a 6 mm difference in size, so why did Shady have such a huge gap in his test piece? Couldn’t Richie split the difference and make the pipe 3 mm longer and this would fit both 07-09 and 10-13?

#194 ·
It Richie made the j-pipe a direct replacement and did not delete the cat, one application would fit all and I wouldn’t have to unbolt it every 2 years to pass smog.
Richie stated that the 3rd cat wouldn't fit with the long tube design.

Does it throw codes? Dyno numbers?
No codes will be thrown because there are no sensors on the J-pipe. I have one on my '04 V6 Accord and love it. No dyno numbers but everyone I've ever heard, including me, can feel the extra power. Might be a little harder to feel on a 2-ton SUV but I have no doubts it'll make power. AWD dynos are rare.

#209 ·
Hmmn. Interesting. Good luck. I already purchased the other company's (not naming it, because don't want to hijack thread) J-pipe, waiting for delivery

#210 ·
installing the J-Pipe - question about the studs..

I am going to get a J-Pipe for my 2012 X and wanted to check what will happen if I break a stud when trying to remove the old pipe? Will it be a major headache? :confused:
I am in Canada and just afraid my exhaust bolts and nuts are more corroded because of the harsh winters..

#211 ·
new version of the RV-6 J-pipe

I have spoken with Rich and he mentioned that their " MDX Jpipe is being redesigned for better clearance and flow. It will be out at the end if next month when production is completed."
Just wanted to share this news with everyone..
I might be the very first customer that would get a new version of the J-pipe.. :)

#212 ·
I have spoken with Rich and he mentioned that their " MDX Jpipe is being redesigned for better clearance and flow. It will be out at the end if next month when production is completed."
Just wanted to share this news with everyone..
I might be the very first customer that would get a new version of the J-pipe.. :)
Awesome, I was looking at getting one for my 11' mdx for a while now. Glad to hear there still trying to improve on the design.:29:

#214 ·
Sounds awesome. . Put me on the list for one.

#216 ·
Hey guys, I have had Rich's prototype j-pipe on my MDX for about a year now and it's holding up well. I'm looking forward to final production. You will be extremely satisfied with this MOD, IMO don't pass it up.

#221 ·
#251 ·
You won't find many dyno results from comparing stock vs the aftermarket jpipes. Below is a link to a dyno done by an owner on a Acura TL Type S. See post 27. I own '13 MDX and an '08 Type S, if there were and significant gains to be had I would be all over installing one. I've read almost every thread on the TL forum trying to find some justification to install one. Some of the folks in the TL forum have experienced lose of torque and hp in the lower RPMs. With the minimum gains the j-pipe generated you would not be able to notice it on a 4000 lb vehicle. Would love to see an independent dyno of a before and after on an MDX to see if it generates any more hp than on the TL.

Dyno day tomorrow morning - AcuraZine Community

#238 ·
Thanks gsnake... Makes sense. I'll hit Youtube up..

#240 ·
304 stainless steel doesn't rust

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.