Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Grand Finale to ZDX

5K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Dominik-X 
#1 ·
#2 ·
ZDX being cut makes sense. Never liked it. It's Acura's "Aztek", IMO. Abysmal sales show I'm not alone on this.

Why waste more dough on "numerous enhancements" for the model that will discontinue? This makes no sense, unless they planning to "re-introduce" it in a couple of years. Similar to what Audi did when it pulled "allroad" from US market for a few years.

#9 ·
Believe it, or not, H1 and H2 are very hard to come by. Owners holding on to them pretty tight, causing resale prices remain quite high. Don't believe me? Go on KBB and look up suggested retail price on 2006 H1 with 88K miles on it.

I doubt ZDX will even be remembered in a few years, except for a few Acura enthusiasts.

#6 ·
If you have ever sat in the rear seat, you will know why the ZDX is being discontinued. Small and no head space for such a large vehicle! Plus it costs more, than the top of the line MDX. Saw this coming after I first sat in the ZDX. Ouch. Hope they don't jack up the price of the MDX because of this.

#8 ·
The car no one asked for, like the equally ridiculous Honda Crosstour and BMWx6. All the bad parts of an SUV (gas mileage, weight), none of the good (space). BUT the interior is gorgeous and the front end is nice—graft those onto the current MDX, not so bad.

#15 ·
That link shows there are 2 designers listed on the ZDX page. Two males, one female. Regardless, it's easy for consumers to complain and ***** but at the design stage, you need to push the envelope and hope to come up with the next BIG winner. Remember for 10-15 years when Nissans ALL looked the same? The 240 and 300ZX shared the same steering wheel; guess how much the 300 owners like that! Consumers complained about their designers being crappy too. Guess you can't win if you don't hit a home run lol

I always thought Acuras were designed in Japan. Maybe it should be given the ZDX results? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.