Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Cargo Dimensions

43K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  kahuna 
#1 ·
I could wait and measure my "X" tonight, but thought I'd see if anyone happens to know what the maximum cargo area demensions in inches. I've searched here and at the Acura site but can only find references to cubic feet, which doesn't tell me how tall/wide the space is. I may have to move something big that's rectangular in shape, and want to know if it will fit, or if it'll have to be delivered.

#8 ·
Acura sales brochures stated that you could fit a BOXED 32 inch television in the back (whatever that means):confused:

Again, only facts that I can add is that it is exactly 48 inches wide between the wheel wells, although the taper up top seems to be about the distance of the wheel well taper as well......

#9 ·
A2MDXer said:
I wonder how big of a box will fit in (i.e. if you put a 34" high box in how wide can it be)? I don't think 48" is the answer as the opening is tapered. Anyone know?
Consumer Reports has always done an "expanding box" test - basically a rectangle made of pipe that they would expand to fit in the open space - to determine max. usable cargo of Wagons and SUVs. Although I don't recall the results for the MDX.

#10 ·
According to Consumer Reports - July 2001

Floor Length(Inches) Behind
Front Seat = 76.0
2nd Seat = 42.5
3rd Seat = 15.5

Cargo Area(Inches)
Min Width = 48.5
Rear Height = 35.0

Maximum Cargo Space(Inches)
Determined by measuring the volume
of an adjustable pipe-frame box.
Length = 65.0
Width = 41.5
Height = 27.0

Volume = 42.0 cu.ft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.