Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Pcv location?

27K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cltphantom 
#1 ·
Can someone please post a picture of where the pcv is located on a 04 MDX? I can't find it!
Thank you

Also, yesterday I was accelorating on a left hand turn when it sounded and felt like someone hit me from behind. The engine light flashed a few times and went away. Every thing seemed normal and drove fine the rest of the way home. Any ideas? I have not driven it since.

#2 ·
if its in the same location as on a '01 then its on the rear cylinder bank valve cover. you ccould also back trace it by following a short line that comes out of the rear bellow of the intake manifold, most likely on the side of the manifold (this is out of memory).

#4 ·
As per Dealer Parts contact, I replaced the PCV valve on my 04. It is eyes left of the engine oil filler cap, just to the left of the the first ignition pack/spark plug. It is held in place with a bolt, 10 or 12 mm. Remove bolt, then simply pull out. It will have a little oil on it, so use a shop towel to catch the drip or two that follows. Replace in reverse order. Mine was fouled and had no rattle to it at all. You can spray some carb cleaner through it and reuse. I chose to replace....

#6 ·
PCV Valve Location

Ok I must be retarded since I can't find this valve. Here is a picture of the part:

Here is a picture of the RIGHT side of the manifold (you can see the EGR blue sticker) and there appears to be a valve that looks like the PCV BUT it contains FUEL and looks to be related to the fuel injection.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried looking eyes left of the oil cap by the first spark plug (right hand side) but I only see the fuel injector valve (which isn't the same style of valve).

On the bright side I did get to clean my EGR ports and the whole thing is nice and squeeky. My EGR valve, however, itself is completely STUCK (the rear nut will not budge no matter what I do). Above is a snap of the oil cap for the motor. If you look left there is the first spark plug but I don't see any hoses there.

Thanks in avance :)

#8 ·
Took me some time to find it as well on my 2004, but it looks nothing like I've seen in any other car I have. It is a straight tube and is bolted into block. Not like the "L" shaped ones you see or like the one pictured above. Look at the dipstick and there is a black plastic piece held in by a bolt. Its the only bolt next to the dip stick. It's a 10mm and unscrew it and pull on the black plastic piece. It will actually spin and you might be able to get a better grip on it that way. Pull it out and clean away :2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.