2014 MDX vs 2013 Infiniti JX - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

2014 MDX vs 2013 Infiniti JX

This is just my personal opinions. And I'm comparing the top of the line models. What are your thoughts, especially those that already test drove both vehicles.
Advantages
JX:
- 360 degree bird eye view camera
- Roomy 3rd row legroom
- Able to access 3rd row even with baby car seat installed in 2nd row
- Cheaper price
- Back-up collision intervention system
- Entertainment monitors on the headrests

MDX:
- Better style
- Cooler looking front lights
- Better engine
- Better gas milage
- Much better sound system
- Better interior design
- Better looking steering wheel and functionalities
- SH-AWD should be better
RockyT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

i'm also cross shopping the Jx35 vs '14 MDX (possibly X5)

JX35
- can't stand the ugly rear end!
- absolutely loaded with tech & theatre for under $500/month lease
- heavy discounts
- questionable CVT

MDX
-past 100% reliability on an '10 MDX
-dramatic improvement from previous model
-unique LED headlight
-27mpg!
-gotta pay MSRP for now, even though residual is about 60%
-mileage carry over

MDX:
- Better style
- Better engine
- Better gas milage
- Better interior design
- SH-AWD should be better[/QUOTE]
erycl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyT View Post

This is just my personal opinions. And I'm comparing the top of the line models. What are your thoughts, especially those that already test drove both vehicles.
Advantages
JX:
- 360 degree bird eye view camera
- Roomy 3rd row legroom
- Able to access 3rd row even with baby car seat installed in 2nd row
- Cheaper price
- Back-up collision intervention system
- Entertainment monitors on the headrests

MDX:
- Better style
- Better engine
- Better gas milage
- Better interior design
- SH-AWD should be better

I tested a JX before buying a 2013 MDX (there was a $10,000 factory incentive to clear them out, too good to pass up). The JX was very nice inside, roomy in the back but just a bit less room for driver than the MDX, but he ride was much softer than the MDX. The JX is not suitable for spirited driving, the MDX will drive rings around it. I'm sure the JX designers meant it to be like that, I see it more as a people mover than a driver's fun toy. It also looks like (to me) a bit too much like a minivan, and the whole look doesn't flow too well.
Fast Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Doesn't the 2014 MDX have entertainment monitors in each headrest?
matt03acura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

I was really disappointed with the JX when I checked it out. It felt cramped in the drivers seat to me compared to an MDX. IMHO the JX is an appliance and it's mission is a people mover for those not interested in the driving experience. Driving it is dull, numb, and bland. The MDX driving dynamics wise wins hands down.

If I needed to use more than 6 seats routinely I'd get an Ody or Sienna over a JX since those would be more fun to drive and a lot more practical.
carguy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

JX has the entertainment two displays in each headrest, but this has a shortcoming because kids in the 3rd row seat can't see them.

I checked 2014 Advanced model yesterday. Easy to see video from the 3rd row seat.
barcarole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Tablets are cheap, and portable. Or hey, look out the window and lets talk about what we see, actually converse with one another. What a concept!
PTC DAWG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC DAWG View Post
Tablets are cheap, and portable. Or hey, look out the window and lets talk about what we see, actually converse with one another. What a concept!
While I totally agree with you, they point is both cars force you to get their entertainment system in order to get other advance techs.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcarole View Post
JX has the entertainment two displays in each headrest, but this has a shortcoming because kids in the 3rd row seat can't see them.

I checked 2014 Advanced model yesterday. Easy to see video from the 3rd row seat.
Does the MDX monitor too high for small kids in the 2nd row? Does it block the driver from seeing the back? I can't wait to test drive one when I get a chance.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

First time user. Not an Acura owner yet. Car owned is Nissan Murano. Almost bought the jx 35 until I saw new mdx. Test drove one recently at a ride event and had a blast. Looks like some like the old model which really never appealed to me. I love technology. Buttons really put me off. Love the looks of the 2014 mdx.

My must haves: 7 seater (minivans is a no no for me), power folding windows, keyless entry and start (got spoiled by nissan), ent for my little princess, around view camera (avalaible in my region), whatever modern bells and whistles (even though may rarely use some of them), handles well (dont care for sport driving), quiet interior, reliable.

Looked at the BMW X5 and rented an X3. Nice exterior but ok interior to me especially in terms of technological advancement. A fully loaded 7 seater will cost abt 20-30k more than MDX Elite. Same for a loaded mercedes GLK 450.

JX 35 would have been nice except complains about the CVT power plus the fact that they are changing the name and who knows what. I am almost settled on the 2014 MDX elite. Preffered color for me is black exterior and interior. My only issue with 2014 MDX is the fact that you cannot access the nav from the touch screen. Anybody like me?
firetown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetown View Post
around view camera (avalaible in my region)
You lucky Canadian!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
While I totally agree with you, they point is both cars force you to get their entertainment system in order to get other advance techs.
Yes, the problem is that both JX and MDX require entertainment system to get advance technologies such as adaptive cruise control.

Quote:
Does the MDX monitor too high for small kids in the 2nd row? Does it block the driver from seeing the back? I can't wait to test drive one when I get a chance.
Good questions. I can't tell exactly until seeing one more time. I don't think this is too high for 2-5 years old kids. And, I also don't think it blocks noticeably the back view.
barcarole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Don't waste your money on a JX. I've driven that and the new Pathfider. Save yourself 6 grand and get a Pathfinder Platinum with the Premium package. The Pathfinder rides better and has the newest generation CVT vs the JX (this adds to why the Pathfinder gets better fuel economy).
2014MDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014MDX View Post
Don't waste your money on a JX. I've driven that and the new Pathfider. Save yourself 6 grand and get a Pathfinder Platinum with the Premium package. The Pathfinder rides better and has the newest generation CVT vs the JX (this adds to why the Pathfinder gets better fuel economy).
I've been following both the JX and Pathfinder forums and this forum recently. The Pathfinder while the value is good for the price, it's missing all the bells and whistles of a luxury car. There is also a serious issue on that car that's seems to be related to the new CVT engine.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

The JX is Hideous on the outside, but the interior is really nice in that chocolate color. But damn that thing is ugly I looked at one before deciding on the MDX.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: