2014 mdx vs. The qx60 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

2014 mdx vs. The qx60

need to replace my 2006 pilot with 150000 miles on it... need a third row... Need to choose between the new MDX or waiting around for the new Q X 60. I love everything about the MDX except the style don't like the front... it does look like a Chevy... that shouldn't be my deciding factor but when you're going to spend $57,000 for a car I feel you should be wowed.

read some reviews that the first JX was not that fun to drive... a little stiff... Any chance that infiniti is going to improve..?

Should I wait to test drive both?

I feel there would be less problems with the MDX cause it is the third generation views. The two year old new SUV

Thoughts?
Queensryche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

A lot of people don't like the Nissan CVT (vs a standard transmission). I think it's a sore spot for a lot of people that like a responsive car. Though, part of me is worried how the new MDX engine will do now that it has VCM (cylinder management) tech in it (after the reports of odd shifting in the Honda Pilot with VCM).

I feel gadget wise, the Infiniti seems a bit ahead, but I haven't really compared them side-by-side.
Kyrra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

It doesn't look like there's any real changes to JX35/QX60 besides the name. Plus a Hybrid option. I guess looks are all subjective...but I've yet to meet an SUV/Minivan type crossover thing that "WOW's" in that regard.

Since the JX/QX is available today, why don't you go drive one and at least see how you feel about that? If it's a home run...maybe you pull the trigger and skip the MDX. If you're "eh" on it...then wait a few weeks for the MDX.

I don't think there's a reason to think the MDX would have less problems because it's third gen. It's pretty much an all-new vehicle built in a different plant....I personally wouldn't buy one. I've had enough first-year vehicles (Honda included) that I do my best to avoid them. At least the JX has had a year to work out some kinks.

What's your thoughts on the 2013 that are selling at huge discounts? Unless there was something specific about the '14 that you just had to have....seems like that's a much better choice from a reliability standpoint and frankly they still look more SUVish than Minivan IMHO.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

My acura sales guy said the mdx will be in Bedford Ohio tomorrow at 2pm.im excited to see in person.
If I've waited this long I'd like the newest. In interested in better Mpg and all the tech esp safety features..
Great idea on test driving jx.. My buddy has one and he likes it.. But he's easy to please mill let you know what 2014 mdx I like if I get chance to see it
Queensryche is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

The Honda plant in Alabama has been producing cars since 2001. They currently make the Pilot, Odyssey, and Ridgeline. The plant also produces the engine that goes into the 2013 MDX (which may mean they make the engine for the 2014 model as well).

Yes, things can for wrong with a new model line, but this plant has been building vehicles similar to the MDX for a while now.

Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC - Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC
Kyrra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrra View Post
The Honda plant in Alabama has been producing cars since 2001. They currently make the Pilot, Odyssey, and Ridgeline. The plant also produces the engine that goes into the 2013 MDX (which may mean they make the engine for the 2014 model as well).

Yes, things can for wrong with a new model line, but this plant has been building vehicles similar to the MDX for a while now.

Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC - Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC
Exactly. Which is where my '05 Ody was built. Which ranks as the all time most troublesome vehicle I've owned since...maybe forever. I've also noticed the 2011 Ody has had a number of problems as well, so even after six years of producing the Ody it wasn't a trouble-free refresh. Engine production doesn't scare me...it's the 5,000 other parts. I highly doubt you're going to see any major problems regardless....but I don't think someone should discount the potential for problems just because the MDX has been around for ten years or however long.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: