Mdx 2013 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mdx 2013

Greetings - I am a new owner of MDX-2013; bought two days ago. Just checking in what are the big things I need to look out for as the new owner. For example: Gas type (87, 89 or 91); Oil Changes etc. etc. Please advise.
thezuberis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

The manual has a good index. You should take a look.

There is also a maintenance booklet that you should have received. It outlines the maintenance schedule and activities.
MilesMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mdx 2013

Drive it and enjoy it. And yes, read the book and then ask whatever questions you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

My wife has already christened my brand new MDX Advance rim in an automatic car wash. It is not as bad as a curb rash as only one spot was impacted, but the fact the car has 400 miles pisses me off. My wife, that is. Oh to make the situation worse, I noticed what appeared to be a small spot on the rightside bolster on the greystone leather passenger seat. After careful observation using a loupe, I have determined my wife or daughters Miss Me jeans probably scuffed the leather. SOB!!! I am going to see if the dealer will cover it under warranty since what leather starts to wear with only 400 miles on the odometer.
bourmb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourmb View Post
My wife has already christened my brand new MDX Advance rim in an automatic car wash. It is not as bad as a curb rash as only one spot was impacted, but the fact the car has 400 miles pisses me off. My wife, that is. Oh to make the situation worse, I noticed what appeared to be a small spot on the rightside bolster on the greystone leather passenger seat. After careful observation using a loupe, I have determined my wife or daughters Miss Me jeans probably scuffed the leather. SOB!!! I am going to see if the dealer will cover it under warranty since what leather starts to wear with only 400 miles on the odometer.
Sounds like this is a daily driver. Frustrating but reality is what it is.

For your own sake, don't forget your blood pressure meds. A vehicle isn't worth a stroke.
MilesMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mdx 2013

Quote:
Sooo, my two cents is to pour yourself a tall scotch or bourbon and just let it be. My wife scratched the front rim at about the same mileage in our first brand new car (the mdx), and the taupe interior got stained with denims....I didn't like it, and did as much as I could to repair, clean and mask the damage, in the end is just "stuff"

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesMDX View Post
Sounds like this is a daily driver. Frustrating but reality is what it is.

For your own sake, don't forget your blood pressure meds. A vehicle isn't worth a stroke.
All good suggestions. It is a loosing battle as I brought it up to my wife and she quickly turned it on me saying how I sure go above and beyond with this car, but when it comes to improving our marriage, or helping with the kids..... Yikes! Bad move on my part!!!!

For what it is worth, the dealer is replacing the lower seat cushion under warranty. I could probably get the minor scuff on the rim fixed for $100, but I think my wife would have my ass if I did so I probably will find a touch up paint that is close to the color of the rim.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestrepo View Post
Sooo, my two cents is to pour yourself a tall scotch or bourbon and just let it be. My wife scratched the front rim at about the same mileage in our first brand new car (the mdx), and the taupe interior got stained with denims....I didn't like it, and did as much as I could to repair, clean and mask the damage, in the end is just "stuff"

My Enclave grey interior always got stained from denim, but it came clean with Lexol cleaner. Do you have the same luck with your MDX?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mdx 2013

Quote:
All good suggestions. It is a loosing battle as I brought it up to my wife and she quickly turned it on me saying how I sure go above and beyond with this car, but when it comes to improving our marriage, or helping with the kids..... Yikes! Bad move on my part!!!!

For what it is worth, the dealer is replacing the lower seat cushion under warranty. I could probably get the minor scuff on the rim fixed for $100, but I think my wife would have my ass if I did so I probably will find a touch up paint that is close to the color of the rim.
Pretty funny. Now go and work on your marriage

Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Mdx 2013

Quote:
My Enclave grey interior always got stained from denim, but it came clean with Lexol cleaner. Do you have the same luck with your MDX?
Actually I used Zaino cleaner and conditioner and it looks as good as new

Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol typical woman driver
88' Volvo 240 - 445,000 mi.
07' Civic Si - Sold
02' Black MDX (totaled by a deer in PA)
Susquehanna University Alumni
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Lol typical woman driver
Damn straight. She went into the car wash with our Enclave and got the roof antenna ripped off the car. Like most women, a vehicle is just to get you from A to B. Typical thinking of my wife and women in general:
1. Why buy a Mustang GT500 when you can get a V6 Mustang for a lot less!
2. All cars must have automatic transmissions.
3. I will park in the closest spot to the front door to save 10 seconds of walking time.
4. I don't like to use cruise because I like to be in control.
5. All this techie **** means nothing to me.
6. I don't think the Advance rims are any better than the Base/Tech rims.
7. Going over by several thousand miles on an oil change is OK.
8. Air in tires is optional.
9. It is OK to ride on a flat tire for MILES.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mdx 2013

Quote:
Damn straight. She went into the car wash with our Enclave and got the roof antenna ripped off the car. Like most women, a vehicle is just to get you from A to B. Typical thinking of my wife and women in general:
3. I will park in the closest spot to the front door to save 10 seconds of walking time.
For your sake, just hope she doesn't see this post

Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
For the love of God man listen to "westrepo" and pour your self a tall scotch and pray your wife doesn't see your posts lolll. We all experience this; my wife plays pool with OUR car when reversing out of a parking lot - you can't win. Just enjoy the vehicle and have scotch, that's what I'm doing!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

You know there are women in the forum too....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: