Help! I lost the screws to the baby crib. . . - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to laborlitigator Send a message via Yahoo to laborlitigator
Help! I lost the screws to the baby crib. . .

Our 3rd child is on the way and I have misplaced the parts to my 2nd daughters crib. The manufacturer is from Italy and I do not have any info on them. It is a really nice crib so we want to use it. Just wondering if I can permanently put it together with screws and stuff.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
'02 Mesa Beige, Fender Flares, Running Boards, Mud Flaps, Moonroof Visor, Burlwood nob, "wooden" steering wheel, roof rack, all season mats, HID, painted wind deflector (self installed, oh, yeah), body side molding, 6100K superbright whites, dual IKON headrests, PS2, Blitzsafe CD adapter

BMW X5 4.4
BMW M3 CiC
laborlitigator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Re: Help! I lost the screws to the baby crib. . .

Quote:
Originally posted by laborlitigator
Our 3rd child is on the way and I have misplaced the parts to my 2nd daughters crib. The manufacturer is from Italy and I do not have any info on them. It is a really nice crib so we want to use it. Just wondering if I can permanently put it together with screws and stuff.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
That's funny - I did the same exact thing. Luckily ours was from Canada and there was a phone number on the bottom of the crib, so we were able to order replacement parts. Otherwise I would have engineered some type of permanent fix using spare parts from the work room.

I bet you can get parts sent if you know the mfg's name and do some searches. It only cost us less than $10 to get a bunch of things shipped.
carguy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2006, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

it's allways something

I helped my cousin move last weekend, he lost the allen-key to the crib screws.

2002 SS MDX Touring - (Canadian Model)
1971 Mulsanne Blue Corvette Coupe - 350/270hp
ByeByeChrysler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

What kind of parts did you lose?

Very possible they can be fabricated at a local machine shop. Some may even be able to be replaced by stock parts.

G
Old 12-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to nightguy
Re: Re: Help! I lost the screws to the baby crib. . .

Quote:
Originally posted by carguy1234
It only cost us less than $10 to get a bunch of things shipped.
I'm actually a bit shocked that they charge for that sort of thing. It's in everyone's best interest that it be put together right, with the right parts and it costs them almost nothing. Heck, I broke a TV cart once and Bush sent me new pressed wood and new hardware.

2004 Touring/SBP/Quartz/cargo cover, cargo tray, OEM trailer hitch kit
nightguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to laborlitigator Send a message via Yahoo to laborlitigator
No luck on the manufacturer, it's in Italian and the address is not coming up.

I'll try out Home Depot to see if they carry it. I can't even describe what the heck it is.
'02 Mesa Beige, Fender Flares, Running Boards, Mud Flaps, Moonroof Visor, Burlwood nob, "wooden" steering wheel, roof rack, all season mats, HID, painted wind deflector (self installed, oh, yeah), body side molding, 6100K superbright whites, dual IKON headrests, PS2, Blitzsafe CD adapter

BMW X5 4.4
BMW M3 CiC
Old 12-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

What is the brand of the crib? Is it a Pali or Ragazzi?

If so, contact one of the local baby/child furniture dealers that carry the brand. They may be able to help you, or refer you to the manufacturer.

Hopefully it's not the brand I first bought: MIBB. Very nice looking crib, generally good quality but one major flaw in contruction (the track for the rails). They stopped exporting to the U.S. and I was stuck. We made sure our next crib was a long-time exporter to the U.S. -- Pali.

Congratulations on the baby on the way!!
Old 12-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

It's MIBB . . .

BMW X5 4.4
BMW M3 CiC
Old 12-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

www.mibb.it
mike x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2006, 08:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Just got back from Home Depot. . .

Cost me $20 in screws, some which I will return, but I was able to find parts similar to the originals!

Thanks for your help!

BMW X5 4.4
BMW M3 CiC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: