The Old-Timers Checking In Thread - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile The Old-Timers Checking In Thread

If you are an "Old-Timer" how about posting a sentence or two and let us know how it's going with your MDX. Do you still own it? How many miles on the odometer? Have you had to replace the tires and if so at what mileage.

I don't consider myself an "Old-Timer", I'm probably a "Mid-Timer", but really enjoyed some of the input from some of the original members when I first started posting in mid 2002. I suspect there are many of the long time members that log on from time to time but do not post. If that's the case then how is it going old-timer?
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi everyone. Good thread topic Mr. Eagle!

My 2002 MDX has 30,000 miles and I still love it. Considering trading it in for a 2004 while the mileage is still relatively low and it has decent trade-in value.

My only complaint is that the vehicle is no longer a rarity- there are hundreds of them around here (Seattle)!

Traded in on 12/27/04 for:

2005 Sage Brush Pearl-Touring/NAV. Burlwood Shift Knob, Fender Flares, Side Steps (black), PIAA Xtreme White Plus and Sylvania Silverstar bulbs, K&N Air Filter

Traded in on 5/7/08 for:

2008 Sterling Gray-Sport/Ent. Sport running boards
BostonX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to MDteX
BaldEagle I guess I might be considered an old-timer on this message board but a newbie about owning an MDX. I just picked it up on Monday! It only has 200 miles so far.

Good to hear from you again.

2004 MDX Taffeta White/Quartz Touring/Navi
Chrome Sidesteps/Rear Spoiler/BSMs/Chrome Acura Touring Wheels/Tinted Windows/Cargo Liner/acuramdx.org license frame/4300K HIDs

2000 TL Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Navi
CD Changer/Tinted Windows SOLD
MDteX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Good topic, Bald 1. Waaaaaal, I ain't as spry as I used to be, now that I am in my new rest home, my eyesight is failing, and now I pop Advil BEFORE I play tennis in addition to afterwards.....but as for muh X, it is a lively as a spring chicken in a rooster coop.

Only 26,000 miles (I travel by plane a lot) with nary a problem, 'cept for that crack in the windshield from a flying tumbleweed I got near Lubbock.

Now where DID I put my walker........

2010 B/B MDX Advance Package
octavian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

hi

had my X since oct,2001.

no major problems after 37,000+ mi.
traveled a lot already with it. From Illinois to Miami. Illinois to Virginia.
Florida to California and never failed me.

i'd still say the navigation is still the best accesory on my X. I could not imagine travelling these amount of mileage without the navigation. It paid me lot already with worry-free driving with my wife during all these travels.

i hope i could keep it for another 5-7 years.

2K1 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER, KENWOOD NAVI, PS2, SANTECA BACK UP CAMERA
Mocking-DX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TheWorm Send a message via Yahoo to TheWorm
Good thread! Tim & I were just talkin' about old timers the other day!

Been around since 11/29/00 and still goin'...along with the X. Just a hair over 20k on the car (around-town driving, mostly) with no major problems...needs an alignment and balance, tho.

Funny BostonX (from Seattle ) mentions the # of X's on the road. I see far more X's (and Pilots) on the road around here than RX300/330 and ML's.
tailgate deflector | silver powdercoated Acura steps | moonroof visor | full wood dash+wheel+shiftknob | startac/timeport phone kit | video system | BSMs | mud flaps | cargo stuff | backup sensors | XenonDepot 4300k HIDs | Sylvania SilverStar fogs and highs | DRL kit | zaino

'07 BMW 550i

'04 Infiniti G35 Coupe - in good hands of a fellow X'er
TheWorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

I guess I qualify, sinced my rank is "traflo". My mahogany is going in for its 33,750 mile oil change this Friday, as well as to try to fix a failed "bun warmer" in the driver's seat. There have been a few problems -- EGR, SRS sensor in the passenger seat, throttle cable bracket "buzz" (fixed it myself) -- but none that weren't taken care of quickly. Goodyears were replaced by Cross-Terrains at 30,700 mi; they weren't to the wear bars yet, but a tad too close for comfort with winter coming up. I'd get another one in a heartbeat, but not before she's at least eight years old -- maybe ten or twelve!
'01 Base Model, Mahogany, running boards, full-size spare (Michelin) from Tim, cargo cover and net. Got her 7/2/01. GYs replaced by Michelins @ 30,700 mi. Cat paw-prints on the hood, windshield, and moonroof.
frostyra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Picked it up in May 2002, have 24.000 miles. Runs better than ever. Michelins look good for at least another 20,000.
Only warranty item was getting the front disks resurfaced at 18K with new pads.
If the 'charm' does not wear off, maybe pick up another in '06 with the promise of a bigger engine. Zoom, zoom, zoom!
DaleB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 06:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by MDteX
BaldEagle I guess I might be considered an old-timer on this message board but a newbie about owning an MDX. I just picked it up on Monday! It only has 200 miles so far.

Good to hear from you again.
That has got to be the record for this site: Longest time being a member before purchasing an MDX. Congratulations on your new ride.

MDtex, So far on this thread you also are the oldest member (earliest to register octavain), registering here two weeks before TheWorm.

So far also on this thread the member posting that has been inactive the longest, BostonX, last prior posting was on 11/4/03.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Picked my 02 up in August of 02 and only have 13,000 miles on it. No problems expect for the 2 recalls and ticking noise up front which the dealer took care of. Still a pleasure to drive!!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to MDteX
Quote:
Originally posted by BaldEagle
That has got to be the record for this site: Longest time being a member before purchasing an MDX. Congratulations on your new ride.

MDtex, So far on this thread you also are the oldest member (earliest to register octavain), registering here two weeks before TheWorm.

So far also on this thread the member posting that has been inactive the longest, BostonX, last prior posting was on 11/4/03.
I knew I was the "oldest" member without an MDX. I stayed current and active through all that time, reading the threads from A4L, D'mor, Remery, Road Runner, AArdvarkus, and of course The Worm and BaldEagle!

2004 MDX Taffeta White/Quartz Touring/Navi
Chrome Sidesteps/Rear Spoiler/BSMs/Chrome Acura Touring Wheels/Tinted Windows/Cargo Liner/acuramdx.org license frame/4300K HIDs

2000 TL Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Navi
CD Changer/Tinted Windows SOLD
MDteX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hi there,

Had my X since April '01 and had the thud, the brake clunk, the dripping mirrors, the cracked windshield, the misaligned glovebox door, the kazoo, the "popping" driver's seat, nav screen blackout, "check engine"/ VTM light on, defective rear defroster (did I forget anything?). No tranny/engine problems. Changed tires at 56k after I had a flat while doing 80mph. Could've gotten just 2 tires but decided to go for a "package deal" from my dealer: all 4 tires (Michelins) plus balancing for $720. Changed rear pads at 65K. So far we put 70K miles on it and still runs and looks great and we love it. In fact we love it so much we got a second one, an '04 Touring/Nav/RES that has been flawless so far (1300 miles).
http://acuramdx.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=15880

Happy MDX-ing!

ubik
ubik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 08:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Talking Old timer on the board, I guess....

.....but have owned my '03 MDX since Dec. '02, like one or two others here. Started lurking on this website around November of 2000 and finally registered and started posting in Feb of 2001!

I now have a little over 23,000 miles on my MDX. I must say that I've enjoyed posting, debating and on occasions voicing my contradictory positions on some discussions!! . Other oldtimers will know that my favorite passtime on here is devoted to praising, promoting and telling the world about the greatness of Honda's Navigation System . Besides that, I've found this board very helpful and useful, and most people on here seem to have an open mind to accept differing points of view!!

2000 Lexus LS 400 Black/Beige Nakamichi/ HIDs/Heated seats/Air suspension

2003 Acura MDX - Midnight Blue Pearl/NAV/RES with Tow package (SOLD)
vicpai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 08:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

hey all! still crawling around... going strong since 2001!
2001 Acura MDX
sgtglok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 09:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by BaldEagle
Hey! It's been a busy year! Moved to Seattle from Boston last April (hence the mystery of being "BostonX" from Seattle). Drove the 'X across country too, what a ride!
Had another kid in October 2002.
Been busy planning and building a house.

I'll try to check in more frequently!

Traded in on 12/27/04 for:

2005 Sage Brush Pearl-Touring/NAV. Burlwood Shift Knob, Fender Flares, Side Steps (black), PIAA Xtreme White Plus and Sylvania Silverstar bulbs, K&N Air Filter

Traded in on 5/7/08 for:

2008 Sterling Gray-Sport/Ent. Sport running boards
BostonX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: