The Old-Timers Checking In Thread - Page 21 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:50 AM   #301 (permalink)

Still plugging away with the '01 delivered in 10/2000. Mileage is still increasing at a low rate to 103k -- mostly to get to the park-and-ride and occasional trips to Eastern Washington. Finally got the collapsed front driver's air vent replaced. SRS light came on and it was the well-known seat buckle issue, replaced for free under lifetime warranty for the belts. The back of the front passenger seat detached -- plastic clip broke and needed to be replaced.

Still on original tranny, muffler, rubber mats, etc. Still on 2nd set of Cross Terrains.

No immediate plans for replacement, knock on plood. Maybe the 2nd year of the next generation. My father-in-law drove it during the summer and was impressed how well it still runs.

Regards to Tim and all the other "old timers" from way back when!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #302 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to hondacuraplanet
Great to hear from you!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #303 (permalink)

Hi guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmquan View Post
Regards to Tim and all the other "old timers" from way back when!
Sorry I missed out on the latest round of check ins. Saw posts from merrillcrosbie, ardvarkus, texrb, hammermdx, MXteX, and Bald Eagle. Hope all is well - I still lurk every once in a while.

'09 Infiniti FX35 (Blue Slate / Graphite)
Premium, Navigation, & Technology, Window Tint, Wheel Locks

'09 Infiniti G37 Coupe (Moonlight White / Stone)
Journey, Premium, Navigation, Tech, Illuminated Kick Plates, Window Tint, Wheel Locks
msu79gt82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #304 (permalink)

Just bought a 2012 ML350, will be keeping the 2002 MDX as a 2nd vehicle, it is set up to tow 4 down behind the MH.

Looked at the 2011-2012 MDX's (and many others), narrowed them all down to the X5, MDX, and ML350.

The ML350 was by far the quietest of all we looked at, we liked the ride/drive and feel of the power assist steering, and liked the looks better than the X5 and especially the MDX.

The 2012 ML350 is the 1st year of the 3rd generation, another factor that influenced our choice. Possibly if the 3rd generation MDX was out we may have gone with it, could not wait another year to buy a vehicle, needed to do something before year end for tax reasons.

We did find dealers more willing to deal with the 2011-2012 MDX than the ML, there are good buys on the last few years of a model just before a new generation comes out.

The 2002 MDX is still in great shape considering the age/miles. Our leather seats look almost new. Going to have to change struts/shocks soon, also need to change the plugs. Have about 130K on odometer, another 30K+ not on the odometer pulling 4 down behind the MH.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #305 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu79gt82 View Post
Sorry I missed out on the latest round of check ins. Saw posts from merrillcrosbie, ardvarkus, texrb, hammermdx, MXteX, and Bald Eagle. Hope all is well - I still lurk every once in a while.

Sorry I missed out as well. My '02 is still going strong... 136k and smoooooth....
Old 07-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #306 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to MDteX
Still checking in and lurking every once in a while. MDX is still going and motor is like butter. 140,000 and purring. Nothing to complain about besides the leather.

Have a kid staring college in a few weeks so I think I will keep this for another year or two then see what the 2014 ends up looking like. I really like the Audi's but they are expensive.

Actually I really, really love my son's Nissan Frontier! But an SUV is a little more practical for us I think. Who knows. Maybe a pickup is in my future!

Keep truckin' MDXers!

2004 MDX Taffeta White/Quartz Touring/Navi
Chrome Sidesteps/Rear Spoiler/BSMs/Chrome Acura Touring Wheels/Tinted Windows/Cargo Liner/acuramdx.org license frame/4300K HIDs

2000 TL Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Navi
CD Changer/Tinted Windows SOLD
MDteX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #307 (permalink)

Well I finally decided to trade the '01 MDX. Had 100,780 miles, and needed tires, VTM flush, auto trans service, AC mode motor, & Nav touch screen was working about 1/2 the time. Rather than stick a lot of $$ in it, we bought a Camry hybrid! We have a 2012 Highlander limited, so didn't need another SUV. Went back to work in May & wanted something that got better mpg in the city. MDX was getting 18 & the Camry Hybrid gets 42 - so saving a lot on gas.

I still love the MDX & will lurk here, but it was time to get something different after 11 yrs.
2012 Camry XLE Hybrid/ White/Gray Leather/Suede - SOLD
2014 MDX Graphite Luster/Graystone delivered 7/24/13; Cargo cover, folding cargo mat, wheel locks
texrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #308 (permalink)

After 3 years break, I'm back in MDX. Hum-hum!
2001 Acura MDX
sgtglok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #309 (permalink)

I am still lurking on occasion, even though I could not have been happier to get rid of my X 6 yers ago. Have no plans to get another one either. But it is really hard to replace this early group that made the backbone of this forum. And, thanks to this site for helping meet good old penpals face to face for the first time after 12 years.
2009 Buick Enclave CXL AWD + many goodies
vip9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #310 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Cool

Greetings and salutations. My trusty MDX made 10 years last March. The odometer is slowly inching it's way to 70,000 miles. I've been rereading some of the old threads as I am planning to do an oil change, five tire rotation, ATF change, and VTM-4 change soon. I hope all is going well with the forum and members. Semper fi. Carry on.
Attached Thumbnails
The Old-Timers Checking In Thread-29.jpg  
EXCALIBUR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #311 (permalink)

Hello Excalibur:

Miss your photo's.

Now have over 138K on our 02 plus about 40K that does not show on the odometer when pulling behind the motorhome. On our 3rd set of tires (actually 3-1/2, replaced just the two front once.) Went with Bridgestone a few 1000 miles back, like those as well as the M Pilots. Was going to have the struts changed but an honest repair shop checked them and said replacing them would be a waste of money.

Wife got rear ended this summer, the repairs cost over $12000 after paying for the rental car we had for a month. A 17 year old driving his Aunts Ram P/U got distracted by a babe on a bike and hit the X stopped at a stop light at about 30mph without braking. Pushed the X into the car in front, that car also hit another car in front of it. X had no damage to the front end, had the tow bracket on, and except for a few scratches to the black paint on the bracket it is fine. Wife was just leaving Costco, had 3 bottles of wine and some margarita mix (with alcohol) that she layed on the floor in the rear so they wouldn't roll around and break. The margarita mix broke on impact and the car smelled like a bar. Somehow when the car was repaired it got detailed and the smell is gone.

Had a similar incident last year, a Honda in front of us was attempting to pull onto the highway. He started to pull out, saw traffic and put it in reverse, backing into the front of the X. The Honda rear bumper had a lot of damage, the X had none because of the tow bracket.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #312 (permalink)

Hello to all the old timers out there. I just happened upon this thread and recognize a few of the old names from back when I was a newbie.

In 2007, after a 2001 and then a 2004 MDX, we switched to another brand of SUV so I left the forums. I have to say that the two MDX's were great with no major problems. The funny thing is that the entire time we kept on comparing our new vehicle to the MDX and came to the realization that the MDX's were quite well appointed and quite refined. Almost perfect! So a few months ago, sold the other vehicle and picked up a 2010 Tech and Ent MDX. So far so good and happy again.

Great to be back on this forum again

Kal.

2010 MDX with Tech and Entertainment, Grey
SuperKal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #313 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

I haven't posted on here in forever but I still have my '05 MDX and its about to turn 100k miles. I had planned on keeping it longer, but lately I've been thinking about trading for a 2013 RDX, or maybe the MB GLK or even an X3. Something a little sportier and smaller. 95% of the time I don't need all the room the MDX has anymore. It has served me well though - best vehicle I've ever owned by far!
carguy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #314 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKal View Post
Hello to all the old timers out there. I just happened upon this thread and recognize a few of the old names from back when I was a newbie.

In 2007, after a 2001 and then a 2004 MDX, we switched to another brand of SUV so I left the forums. I have to say that the two MDX's were great with no major problems. The funny thing is that the entire time we kept on comparing our new vehicle to the MDX and came to the realization that the MDX's were quite well appointed and quite refined. Almost perfect! So a few months ago, sold the other vehicle and picked up a 2010 Tech and Ent MDX. So far so good and happy again.

Great to be back on this forum again

Kal.
back!

02 Honda S2000 -- Berlina Black/Black
99 Acura RL -- Naples Gold Metallic/Parchment
12 Toyota Avalon Limited
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #315 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to hondacuraplanet
I love seeing the familiar faces check back in from time to time. Hard to believe that I've been posting here for (gulp) 12 years next month.

Is the internet REALLY that old?!?!?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: