Portland Oregon / Northwest Club! - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-08-2001, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to unclmky
Thumbs up

Let's Kick this bad boy off!!!

Living in Beaverton, Oregon and loving the MDX. The only problem is my wife only let's me drive it on the weekends!

I purchased the car from Acura of Portland and received Top Notch service from Roger Womack. I highly recommend Roger to anyone who wants to purchase an Acura. All of my accesories were purchased from Tim at Hondaacuraworld. Naturally, the same goes for Tim. Acura of Portland even installed some of my accesories for me.

I spoke with Tim earlier and if we can generate a group accessory order, he will see what further discounts he can give us. I already have one other person who will be ordering some stuff. I know that I will be getting the cargo cover, nose mask, and key chain.

As for a group outing, let's try and set one up. I'm not much into the aftermarket stuff, but do I have stories to share!!!

Take care,

Uncle Mikey
unclmky@hotmail.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2001, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mike
Good to know someone else is out there from Beaverton. I just talked to Tim and ordered the "fire sale" side steps. I too went to Acura of Portland. I saw them at the auto show and ordered my MDX. Mine comes next week so I've ordered all my stuff so I can put it on when my suv arrives. It would be good to hook up and see who else is interested.
Steve
Old 03-08-2001, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Steve...

Great stuff... We can get together when you get the GG. Who was your salesperson?

You can also use unclmky@hotmail.com or IM me if you want to chat...

Mikey
Old 03-08-2001, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Unclmky:

It sound like a great idea, we may actually catch up with each other. I'm interested in purchasing the Stonegard Bra and was thinking of seeing who else may have an interest in the "Group Discount" forum.

One of my neighbors has an autobody shop and has already said he would paint to color match accessories for the MDX, instead of the standard black (ie. fender flares, rear deflector).

How was the drive to California's wine country?

MDX-R
MDX-R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2001, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mikey
Just saw your note here too...my sales person is shane Randall. He has been great to work with. He is pretty new but I think that can be a benefit ie works hard and is enthusiastic.
Old 03-08-2001, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

MDX-R what is the charge to have the flares painted, do you know? Mine are coming next week and may be interested in that. I also need to get a little body work done to my Suburban before selling it. Is your neighbor good and reasonable?
Old 03-08-2001, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey all...

I've seen a few on the road lately... There is another SS one around the block from me (Murrayhill area) and I know of a friend in NW who is waiting on one. I saw a black on and a SS on the road this week.

The Nose Guard (Bra) is what I need to. We already have 2k miles and its got lots of nicks on the hood. When we returned from Napa, I didn't notice too many nicks, yet after two weeks of my wife driving it to PDX, it is getting hit with stones or something.

Not sure I want to paint mine though. The MDX is SS and I think the black will contrast real well. Like I said, I am planning an order sometime next week so let's put our heads toghether on that one.

As far as the Cali trip, it was great. The MDX handled terrific. I can't understand half of the whining I read on this board. Going south we hit a lot of rain and snow, especially in Mt. Shasta and the car was great. Hugged the road, handled the mush on the mountain and the acceleration was terrific considering it is an SUV. Coming North we drove from Napa to Crescent City, Ca and then frmo CC, Ca to Grants Pass, OR on the way to Beaverton. The Redwoods were great and once again, the acceleration and the ability to pass on these mountain roads was great.

The best part about it was that with the 3rd row seats down, we easily had our baggage and six cases of California's Finest Wine. NW Pinot still kicks butt, however I need to have a variety!

Mikey
Old 03-08-2001, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

How do you protect the front of these things. I thought about getting the front hood protector but Tim from Hondacura World discouraged me from it saying it breaks too easily. I have had bra's on other suv's and I'm always afraid that it is going to ruin the surface at the seem on top. Anyone have another alternative?
Old 03-08-2001, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up

pdxmdx:

I have to check prices for the flares. He does a great job and is more then reasonable. I had the rear hatch repaired on our Quest, so it would be "clean" when we put it up for sale, I had three different body shops estimate between $1,200 to $1,500 and he did it for $250.

The difference was that he didn't take off all the parts (ie. lights, bumpers, windows, wiring...) and reassemble them, because we were selling the van and there really wasn't any serious damage. He cleaned up the minimal body damage and repainted it. The area he worked on matched and you can't tell that anything was done to the area that was repaired.

He's good and I wouldn't hesitate one bit on the quality of work he does. He has the latest color scheme and information to match almost any car's original paint. Let me know on your Suburban, I can check with him tonight on the flares.

Raul
r3p2t@hotmail.com
MDX-R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2001, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

MDX-R do you suppose that he could paint side steps too? I ordered the set that Tim was offering this morning and would love to have them a brushed silver look. thanks for checking into this
Old 03-09-2001, 01:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

I think I know of a car avail... soon

I can't stand the e-bay crap and people selling cars, but I got a call from a dealer today who has a car avail. He had my name from before I got my car.

If you need something in Portland, send me a message and I can hook you up... It'll go fast though.

Then when you get it, you become an honorary member of the NWMDX Club!

Mikey
Old 03-09-2001, 01:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

what model and color is it? A good friend of mine ordered the same time as me but is having to wait for a black on black tour/nav. He might be up for it depending on what it is.
Old 03-09-2001, 01:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

It is a SS Touring, just like mine...
It's a sweet looking car, I might add...

I suggest getting in touch with me, so I can give you the details. I doubt it will be available much longer... The Vin is 5 days old, so the car should be here within 10 days.

Michael
Old 03-09-2001, 07:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

lets hear from some of the rest of you Northwest MDXers. I know there are more of you out there because I see you all over the streets of Portland.Mine comes next week and I am sure that I will need some protection for the front hood too. Any suggestions? Also interested in wheels and tires from someone around Ptown
Old 03-12-2001, 12:31 AM   #15 (permalink)

Cool It's almost here :)

Steve,

Are you getting excited yet? Your MDX is only a few more days away. Thanks again and I'll call you when I have more info.

-Shane Randall
Shane Randall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: