MDXs performance in extremely cold conditions!!! - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyHickey View Post
It was common in places like Nakina Ontario to carry a baking tray, charcoal and kerosene to put a fire under the engine in places where electricity was not available. This was not recommended for use by amateurs but below minus 30 it is not easy to set things on fire.
Haven't had any cold weather problems with my 2012, in E Ont. - I was wondering if the NAV/MP3 HD might not start up, or other electronic problems. The only thing I think I noticed was the LED/radio display seemed to update slower when cycling through radio information ( although it might have been the watery eyes slowing my vision down... )

Keeping the vehicle in a garage at night seems to make a big difference. No block heater or battery blanket needed...

Haven't heard of the baking pan trick before, but I do remember the old interior pre-heaters that some people used, back in the days of crappy interior heaters on GM cars. You were lucky if the car cabin warmed up before you got to the rink for those 6am hockey games...
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aucjmo22 View Post
He said that the rear differential fluid needs to be changed???? Does that sound right to you guys. I only have a 64000 km on the vehicle and I would suspect the rear diff would need changing at 100,000 km. Am I correct or off the mark?
First differential service is recommended at 15,000 miles on the MDX. I'm not saying that's your issue, but it seems that with your miles, it should happen anyway.
2011 Acura MDX Advance, Crystal Black Pearl over Umber (SOLD)
2010 Acura TSX V6 Tech, Crystal Black Pearl over Ebony (SOLD)
2009 Acura MDX Tech, Billet Silver Metallic over Ebony (SOLD)
jsilas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

I took the X to the dealership today and explained how the rear diff has been behaving along with the constant issues I've had with the drivers preset buttons. They changed the rear diff fluid as it was time, 67000 KM. I had it done the first time at 15000 KM, as recommended, and now the X was due for it again. The fluid change fixed the issue - no more rattling noise when taking turns. As for the issues with the preset buttons, the dealership changed the passenger side actuator for a second time. The mirror would vibrate when it would move down when the vehicle was put in reverse. According the dealership it was causing the steering wheel to not move to the correct preset position in cold weather. We are at -11 Fahrenheit and no issues anymore. In the past I would have to press the preset button to get it to move to the appropriate area.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: