Maxfloormat all weather floor liner review - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Maxfloormat all weather floor liner review

In preparation for the coming up winter, I ordered some all-season floor liners. I was set on getting the Weathertechs but on the suggestion of another member I read in an older thread, I decided to check out the maxfloormat.

I was able to compare them with my friend's 2011 WRX Weathertech liners and even he agreed that they look identical in construction and material. The one big plus is that they are quite a bit cheaper. I paid $130 shipped for the front and middle rows. When I received them, turns out I was shipped the package including all three rows! I don't foresee using the 3rd row much but I'm not complaining.

When I received the package, the middle row was folded in half to fit in a package manageable enough to ship. I laid it out on our bathroom floor which is heated, turned up the temperature a few degrees, laid about 3 books on the crease, and let it sit overnight. In the morning the crease was almost gone.

The only issue I could note is that they factory location hook cut-outs are not cut out. The location is clearly molded in, but it is left solid. Just to very the fit, I laid the OEM mat on top and noticed that the driver's side was slightly too narrow. I used a plastic reamer from my days of RC to make the holes.

I have to say that the fit is spot-on. I will update the post with additional pictures of the middle and 3rd row. I ran out of light today because I installed these in the early morning and later had the 2nd and 3rd row folded to have some winter tires mounted.

Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Looks nice, and a well maintained car after all these years. .. Looks identical to WeatherTech DigiFit mats though.
How much did you pay for this?
Mods : Philips Ultinon D2S 6000K | Morimoto Elite 6000K HID H11 Kit | Full LED Interior | Wood Grain Shift Knob | Wood Grain Steering | XPel Ultimate Clear Bra
MANswers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANswers View Post
Looks nice, and a well maintained car after all these years
Thank you. Bought the car used almost a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANswers View Post
Looks identical to WeatherTech DigiFit mats though. How much did you pay for this?
Yes they do look identical. They ran me $130 shipped for front and middle row.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

How much would an OEM one cost on EBay? I remember I paid similar price for the OEM floormats.
qqzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Looks identical to WeatherTech DigiFit mats though.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqzj View Post
How much would an OEM one cost on EBay? I remember I paid similar price for the OEM floormats.
Not sure how much OEM ones would be but I wanted to floor liners for the increased protection.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
Not sure how much OEM ones would be but I wanted to floor liners for the increased protection.
The OEM all weather floor mats/liners for the first and second row cost $104 including shipping on Ebay. I think either brand will work fine for the wet/snow/mud protection.
htd4555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

right. I see the price is about the same, why not go with the OEM all weather mats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htd4555 View Post
The OEM all weather floor mats/liners for the first and second row cost $104 including shipping on Ebay. I think either brand will work fine for the wet/snow/mud protection.
qqzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

I got the oem from ebay for 99, fit is perfect
Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

I got these and they are great. They fit really nice
Shenzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenzi View Post
I got these and they are great. They fit really nice
Your post in another thread is what got me interested in these.

The reason I didn't go with the OEM mats is because I read that multiple members were able to wear away a hole in the heel part of the mat.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Quote:
The reason I didn't go with the OEM mats is because I read that multiple members were able to wear away a hole in the heel part of the mat.
Maybe in the normal mats but the all weather mats should be very durable. I know I've had mine for almost 5 years with no issues.

02 Honda S2000 -- Berlina Black/Black
99 Acura RL -- Naples Gold Metallic/Parchment
12 Toyota Avalon Limited
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
In preparation for the coming up winter, I ordered some all-season floor liners. I was set on getting the Weathertechs but on the suggestion of another member I read in an older thread, I decided to check out the maxfloormat.
Geez, I wish I had seen this before ordering the Weathertechs and saved some cash. They certainly look extremely similar.

Did the package say where they were made? China? USA?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaffan View Post
Geez, I wish I had seen this before ordering the Weathertechs and saved some cash. They certainly look extremely similar.

Did the package say where they were made? China? USA?
I was a little disapointed to find they are made in Thailand after I received them.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I was a little disapointed to find they are made in Thailand after I received them.
I know they are made in Thailand but it's their warranty that I liked the most. Never put a claim through them yet but it's still reassuring.

MAXFLOORMAT & MAXTRAY Lifetime Warranty:
All MAXFLOORMAT floor mats and MAXTRAY cargo liners carry a Life Time Limited Warranty.
Kramer Accessories guarantees this warranty to the original purchaser only, warranty is not transferable. This warranty covers against normal wear and tear and Guarantees that the product will not break, tear or deform under normal usage during the life of the original vehicle of installation.
Kramer Accessories will provide Warranty Service to all MAXFLOORMAT & MAXTRAY products that break or tear due to a manufacturers defect, or normal wear and tear.
Intentional damage or damage by an outside force such as an animal chewing on the mat, or the mat being damaged while not installed in the vehicle do not qualify for warranty consideration.
Shenzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: