Would you buy an Acura MDX again - Page 10 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Would You buy a new MDX again
Yes, Definately 31 40.26%
Maybe, undecided 20 25.97%
Not Sure yet 10 12.99%
No, no more. 16 20.78%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #136 (permalink)

Yes, we just bought a 2013 Tech, and traded in a 2007 Tech.

Beyond the attributes of the MDX, Acura service easily surpasses every other import and domestic vehicle we have had in the stable, period.
harry1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #137 (permalink)

Just traded in our 2001 X for a 2011 Tech/Ent (first time logging back into this forum since 2005!). Had researched SUV replacement options for almost the last year. The MDX was always on the list of options since we were familiar with the changes with the use of loaner ones.

At the end of the day though, we loved the look, feel, options, age, mileage etc. that the X had compared with the other options.
tqshadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #138 (permalink)

Had an 08 Tech and traded it for a 10 Base. So Yes!
snaps01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #139 (permalink)

Interesting....I have an '03 and think the brakes are great! Rotors seem fine and I am still on the original pads...at 140K miles! I estimate that I still have another 10K on the original brakes. Any car that goes 150K on the original brakes is pretty impressive....who can argue on that?
dmdavies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #140 (permalink)

I'd probably would stay in the Acura family if they come out with a worthy competitor. Looking at Jeep at the NAIAS, offering a GC with diesel, 8 speed transmissions, VW coming out with a 7 sweater in the not so distant future, the new MDX better be good

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #141 (permalink)

And here it is.

2014 Acura MDX prototype revealed at Detroit show - Autoweek

Nice lines overall. Wsup w the fog light fins? Tailights Audi-like?

Hope they keep the rear lower lights.
GeoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #142 (permalink)

Yes...recently bought my wife a 2013 tech/ent and took her 2005 navi/res. Who knows, maybe in a few of years, we'll pick up the 3rd gen MDX and have all three generations in our garage!
dr33m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr33m View Post
Yes...recently bought my wife a 2013 tech/ent and took her 2005 navi/res. Who knows, maybe in a few of years, we'll pick up the 3rd gen MDX and have all three generations in our garage!
Wow man, giving your wife the new car and taking the hand-me down? weaaak Hahah just kidding

Yeah, you may have voted for me, but don't expect me to work for you. I'm too busy catering to the people who funded my election and to the people who bribe me. And remember, if anything goes wrong it's anyone else's fault but mine, in fact it was probably yours. You must be wondering why all this is legal. Well, son, I make the law.

This is Corrupt Politician, signing out
CrptPolitician is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #144 (permalink)

We bought an 07 in 09. Love it, has 75K miles now. Acura treats us so nice. Also, the MDX has been a trooper- class, luxury and efficiency. Love it.

I would trade up to a 2013 but plans are for the wife to run this to the ground and maybe I get to treat myself to a 335
Purchased from Acura of Manhattan on 10/09,
w/18K miles, Acura Certified
Heracles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrptPolitician View Post
Wow man, giving your wife the new car and taking the hand-me down? weaaak Hahah just kidding
Haha. I know...man, every chance I get, I've been taking her MDX out for a ride. I'm always looking for a reason to go out just so that I can drive that thing!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #146 (permalink)

If you have been married for five minutes you know that that's the way it's supposed to be. Also, what key number do you have? I have #2, wife is #1 despite thee fact that I'm the main driver of the MDX
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestrepo View Post
If you have been married for five minutes you know that that's the way it's supposed to be. Also, what key number do you have? I have #2, wife is #1 despite thee fact that I'm the main driver of the MDX
So true! I have #2...for both MDXs! I gave up my 2004 TL in this whole process. On the TL, I had #1...but then again, I got that car before I got married...
Old 01-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestrepo View Post
If that's the case I don't wanna get married... sounds scary... (im 19)
Quote:
So true! I have #2...for both MDXs! I gave up my 2004 TL in this whole process. On the TL, I had #1...but then again, I got that car before I got married...
It's funny, my mom has her own key, key #1, keeps it in her purse, and the rest of our family (me my dad, my older brother) share key #2. Guess my parents are the same in that regard.
Quote:
Haha. I know...man, every chance I get, I've been taking her MDX out for a ride. I'm always looking for a reason to go out just so that I can drive that thing!
Haha

Yeah, you may have voted for me, but don't expect me to work for you. I'm too busy catering to the people who funded my election and to the people who bribe me. And remember, if anything goes wrong it's anyone else's fault but mine, in fact it was probably yours. You must be wondering why all this is legal. Well, son, I make the law.

This is Corrupt Politician, signing out
CrptPolitician is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #149 (permalink)

traded in my 07 tech for a 2012 tech last year!

Also when my husband had his TL I had key number 2, but in both my MDX's I had key 1. Oh and he bought his TL while we were married. I figure whoever drives the car daily gets key 1.

Last edited by klmeenan; 02-07-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added key info
klmeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: