My blower motor started squeaking terribly recently. Not the kind of squeak from leaves in there (although there were a couple small ones), but rather the squeak of an axle/spindle that needs lubricating. I was hoping that I could remove the blower fan, disassemble it and lube it. No such luck. As best I can tell, it is a sealed unit, more or less. There is a clip that appears to hold the plastic fan part to the main axle, but I could not figure out a way to remove the fan from the axle. I did take some lube and shoot it into the assembly using one of those little straws that comes on a WD40 can (I used silicone, then motorcycle chain wax as lube, not wd40). This seems to have temporarily stopped the squeaking, but I'm pretty sure it will come back before long.
I read the above-referenced TSB after doing this work last night. You do need to remove the plastic that covers the fuse panel in the passenger wheel well, but you do not need to peel back carpet nor pull up the door sill nor the door opening trim. Just carefully remove the kick panel (I wasn't careful and it didn't break - I got pissed off and yanked it off w/out breaking it). I happened to have a torx screwdriver which made removing two of the screws pretty easy. I needed an 8mm (I think) socket for the third - the one most outboard/near the outside of the car because I couldn't get the screwdriver angled in there. It would have helped if I'd had my full tool kit with very short socket ratchet handle, but alas it was up at our ski house. I managed to get it off though.
The part number for the blower fan assembly is 79310-S84-A01. I searched online and the cheapest Honda-made unit I could find was around $140. I found a knock-off brand called TYC from some place called Logical-Source for about $58 shipped. Here's a link to their current web page with the motor: https://www.logical-source.com/2001-ACURA-MDX-3704.html
With any luck, the replacement will last as long as the original (I'm currently at 191K miles). For now, my spray lube job has resolved it and now I will be able to get the old blower motor out of there more quickly the next time. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to swap in the new one in about 15 minutes once it arrives next week. In the meantime my ride to work was blissfully un-squeaky. Even better, our ride to Tahoe will hopefully be reasonably quiet this weekend. Driving home last Monday was painful (or cold).