I installed the El Cheapo HID kit from Ebay - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re: Re: i'm confused...

I see you point...didn't look at the threads "date stamp".

Quote:
Originally posted by QRTLOW

Talk about "date stamp", your replying to a 7 month old thread. I agree on the fact the mid-spectrum is the most popular in after market. The thing I notice is that the late model luxury now utilizes self balancing mechanisms so you don't see jitter. That's a tough problem to overcome when you are riding on a home hammered suspension.
R.i.p. '04 Honda VFR Interceptor 800fi
theseans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #17 (permalink)

Just bought a real cheapo ebay hid kit for $32. Is it possible for HIDs to look worse (less bright) than halogen? I installed the kit and it's only outputting about %50 brightness compared to my stock halogen bulb. I know this is real cheap, so you get what you pay for. But the kit came with the ballasts and the HID bulbs. Since the ballasts weren't labeled, I couldn't tell what they were rated for. The seller told me it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the color of the bulb. I don't completely believe this. Here's the link for the kit: SD2 HID Xenon Conversion Kit H1 H4 H7 H11 H8 H13 9006 6000K 8000K 10000K Slim 9 | eBay

Anyone else tried it on their MDX?
fymdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Fab

I don't want to add to this thread since its from 2006-7

A lot of advancements has come since those days and you can get a "premium" Hid kit at better prices. Of course its not going to be $30 but like you said yourself, you get what you pay for.

As for being less bright than halogen, something is seriously wrong with the HID kit, either try to get a refund or replacements. Working with manufacturer; I can tell you first hand that I have NEVER seen those HID kits before. The one they use in comparison are pretty crap already so if your kit is worst then i don't know. As I said before there are plenty of "premium" kits which you can find/read reviews on this forum and see which vendor you want to go with.

/End thread
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #19 (permalink)

I bought mine from a local company that's been selling them for almost 10 years free shipping for $40, I was gonna get them from ddm tuning but my previous purchase with them was horrible took a month to get delivered and they were shipped from Japan or china not from where they are located.
millerlite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: