Changing a flat tire, per the Acura MDX 2002 Owner's Manual:
1. Park the vehicle on firm, level and non-slippery ground away from traffic. PT the transmission in Park. Apply the parking brake.
2. Turn on the hazard warning lights and turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0). Have all the passengers get out of the vehicle while you change the tire.
3. Open the tailgate.
4. The tools and jack are behind a cover in the cargo area on the driver's side. Remove the cover by pushing the top of the cover.
5. Take the tools out of the storage compartment.
6. Turn the jack's end bracket counterclockwise to loosen it. the remove the jack.
7. The spare tire is stored underneath the rear cargo area. Remove the plastic cover on the cargo area lining to access the shaft for the spare tire hoist.
8. Put the wheel nut wrench on the hoist shaft. Turn the wrench counterclockwise to lower the spare tire on the ground.
9. Keep turning the wheel wrench to create slack in the cable.
10. Remove the bracket from the spare tire.
Yada, yada, yada. This should help. Good luck.