Remote Programming - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Remote Programming

Does anyone have the remote programming instructions for an '04 touring?

Thanks.

LL
lland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Put the key in.

1. Turn key to the on position
2. Press the lock button on key fob
3. Turn key to off position without taking the key out.

Repeat the above steps 3 more time. On the 3rd time, the door locks will click when you press the lock button on the key fob. Press the unlock button on the key fob. Turn the key off and take it out.

Just memorize the 3 steps and perform them one after another.

The new key fob ID is now programmed on your MDX
vlam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2004, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks...when I press the buttons on the remote, do I hold them down while I turn the key?

LL
Old 10-22-2004, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks...when I press the buttons on the remote, do I hold them down while I turn the key?

Nope.

Just get into your MDX. Close all doors, hatch.
vlam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2004, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

LL
Old 12-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Resurecting this thread since I bought a remote on ebay and it is in as new condition and look exactly like my original. But, Ive been unable to program both the new one and original together. I can program either one of them but for some reason cannot get the second one to be programmed at same time.

The instructions I got from the vendor were clear but were not correct (see below) -- since it said to hit the UNLOCK button, rather than the LOCK button, which worked (and was correctly spelled out in this thread).

Does anyone know what the sequence is to program a 2nd remote while in programming mode?

THanks!

Note: Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will
work. You mist program all of the transmitters, including your existing ones, during the programming sequence. It will be easier
to have you key seperate from the remote.

Instructions from Ebay vendor:

1. Insert the key in the ignition
2. Perform steps A, B, C below 3 consecutive times, performing each cycle within a 5-second timeframe.
A. Turn the ignition switch to the ON prosition (where instrument panel lights are on, without starting engine)
B. Press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter and release.
C. Turn the ignition switch back to LOCK, leaving key in ignition.
3. Within 5 seconds, turn the ignition to ON.
4. Press the UNLOCK button on the same transmitter and release. The power door locks should cycle (locks then unlocks) to confirm
system is in programming mode.
5. Within 10 seconds press the UNLOCK button on the same transmitter again and release. The power door locks will cycle to confirm
the system accepted the transmitter codes.
6. Repeat step 5 for your second and third transmitters, if applicable.
7. Turn the key back to LCOK and remove key to exit programming mode.
8. Test the remotes.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Programming Keyless Remote 04 MDX

Below are some lessons from programming the keyless remotes for my 2004 Touring MDX.

My goal was to program both my original touring key fob along with a non-touring key fob I purchased on eBay. ("fob" is being used as a short word for "transmitter")

Touring key fobs are different from non-touring key fobs:
  • Touring key fobs will have the number 1 or 2 on the back of the remote, at the bottom, immediately adjacent to the hole for keyrings.
  • Non-touring key fobs do not have the number. Instead they (at least mine) say OMRON Corporation Japan in that spot.
  • Why does this matter? Touring key fobs are able to trigger the driver's seat to reposition itself to position 1 or 2 when fob 1 or 2 is used to unlock the car. Non-touring key fobs will work on a touring model, but they cannot be linked to the seat position.
  • Lesson: If you own a Touring model, be sure that any fob you order from eBay or other source has the appropriate number.

Programming a non-touring key fob in a touring MDX
  • The instructions I have seen so far for programming multiple remotes did not work for me
  • I do not know if the instructions below will work for touring+touring or non-touring+non-touring fob programming, but they worked for my touring/non-touring pair of fobs
  • Tip: remove fob from key ring before programming
  • Tip: If you have recently purchased a new, unprogrammed fob, program that one first, then see if your original programmed fob still works. You may not have to reprogram the original one.

Programming instructions:
    Note In the instructions below, "On" means position II and "Off" means position I. Using 0 and I positions will not work.
    1. Key: Insert
    2. Key: On
    3. Fob1: Press lock
    4. Key: Off then on
    5. Fob1: Press lock
    6. Key: Off then on
    7. Fob1: Press lock
    8. Key: Off then on
    9. Fob1: Press lock (the locks should cycle: lock/unlock)
    10. Key: Off then remove
    11. Test Fob1
    Repeat the process above for Fob2. I realize that other sources say that both fobs need to be programmed during the same cycle, but that method did not work for me. I experimented and found that I was able to program the remotes separately, that Fob1 was not erased when I programmed Fob2.
    12. For the Touring Fob, hold down the lock and unlock buttons for around 2 seconds to link the Fob to the seat programming. The Fob will flash once for "linked" and twice for "unlinked"

Other useful info:
  • The battery is a CR2025, one per transmitter
  • You will find Acura's official instructions here, though I've noted that they did not work for my situation. I assume they work for same-type fob programming http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/attac...&postid=325758
  • If the instructions don't work for you, try experimenting with lock instead of unlock, or using the official Acura instructions.

Good luck! Adam
  • resnica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
    Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

So ultimately, the memory # on the back of remote does matter. Damn all those clueless Ebay sellers that said the number is simply there for reference.
    Max Spider X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
    Old 04-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yes - as far as I can tell from my direct experience, the number on the keyless remote transmitter does matter. This makes sense given the fact that Acura has three different part numbers, one for each type of transmitter (1, 2, non-touring/see the pdf linked to my previous post).

I was hoping that my "numberless" non-touring transmitter would work on the open spot/that it would adjust the seats. But no luck.

I am not sure what would happen if you programmed two remotes, each with the same number - I'd guess that each of them would trigger the same seat position.

So eBayers, be sure to request, and receive a guarantee from the seller about, the transmitter you want. For Touring owners, this will probably mean the number that you are missing. For non-touring owners, I would guess that it does not matter.

Let me remind everyone that the non-touring transmitter works just fine to lock/unlock my 2004 Touring MDX. It just doesn't trigger the seat adjustment.
    resnica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
    Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yes, I got a 2nd memory 2 remote hoping that it would fill in the spot for the missing #1. But unfortunately it doesn't work like that and I ended up with two #2s.

Btw, when I tried to program the spare #2 to my friend's MDX, that remote was able to control both cars. Ain't it suppose to erase the first vehicle's data upon re-programming?
    Max Spider X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
    Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Instructions work great. BTW Tour fobs work in base models. This is important because there are more of these fobs on ebay than the base model style.
    PaulC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
    Old 07-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Here is my situation
    I just bought 04 MDX touring and the previous owner gave two remotes, both non touring ones.
    One of it worked and the other didn't.
    I tried the instructions here (not Acura) to program the second one. After the 3 rd cycle I hear 'click' sound from power locks ,NOT recycle.
    I tested it and didn't work. Well even the original one stopped working.
    I tried Acura instructions (0 to II cycle) and I don't even hear the click.
    After reading the other posts, it looks like touring can store 3 and the working remote occupied 3rd position(as it's a non touring remote). Some how I messed it up also.
    rajetta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
    Old 07-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Cool One FOB for two cars.

Max Spider X asked: when I tried to program the spare #2 to my friend's MDX, that remote was able to control both cars. Ain't it suppose to erase the first vehicle's data upon re-programming?

Answer: Nope. The FOB does not get programmed, the car does. Imagine the FOB gives off a very long "unique" serial number saying who it is. You program the car to recognize and respond to this serial number. You programmed two cars to accept the same FOB serial number.

Now you can buy two MDXs, and save money of FOBs.
    Old 07-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

RAJETTA asked:
    I just bought 04 MDX touring and the previous owner gave two remotes, both non touring ones.
    I tried the instructions here (not Acura) to program the second one. After the 3 rd cycle I hear 'click' sound from power locks ,NOT recycle.
    After reading the other posts, it looks like touring can store 3 and the working remote occupied 3rd position(as it's a non touring remote). Some how I messed it up also.

Answer:
    When you enter FOB programming mode you must reset ALL your FOBs (max 3).
    Do the steps to get into programming mode:
    All doors shut.
    Key off, key on, fob lock, ----- do this three or four times.
    When the door locks cycle by themselves. YOU ARE NOW IN PROGRAMMING MODE.
    Once your are in programming mode, press the lock button on FOB #1, wait for the door lock cycle, then lock on fob #2, wait for cycle, then fob #3.
    Key off to end cycle.
    Old 07-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

RAJETTA asked:

Answer:
    When you enter FOB programming mode you must reset ALL your FOBs (max 3).
    Do the steps to get into programming mode:
    All doors shut.
    Key off, key on, fob lock, ----- do this three or four times.
    When the door locks cycle by themselves. YOU ARE NOW IN PROGRAMMING MODE.
    Once your are in programming mode, press the lock button on FOB #1, wait for the door lock cycle, then lock on fob #2, wait for cycle, then fob #3.
    Key off to end cycle.
    Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
    Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
    Rate This Thread: