Resurecting this thread since I bought a remote on ebay and it is in as new condition and look exactly like my original. But, Ive been unable to program both the new one and original together. I can program either one of them but for some reason cannot get the second one to be programmed at same time.
The instructions I got from the vendor were clear but were not correct (see below) -- since it said to hit the UNLOCK button, rather than the LOCK button, which worked (and was correctly spelled out in this thread).
Does anyone know what the sequence is to program a 2nd remote while in programming mode?
Note: Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will
work. You mist program all of the transmitters, including your existing ones, during the programming sequence. It will be easier
to have you key seperate from the remote.
Instructions from Ebay vendor:
1. Insert the key in the ignition
2. Perform steps A, B, C below 3 consecutive times, performing each cycle within a 5-second timeframe.
A. Turn the ignition switch to the ON prosition (where instrument panel lights are on, without starting engine)
B. Press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter and release.
C. Turn the ignition switch back to LOCK, leaving key in ignition.
3. Within 5 seconds, turn the ignition to ON.
4. Press the UNLOCK button on the same transmitter and release. The power door locks should cycle (locks then unlocks) to confirm
system is in programming mode.
5. Within 10 seconds press the UNLOCK button on the same transmitter again and release. The power door locks will cycle to confirm
the system accepted the transmitter codes.
6. Repeat step 5 for your second and third transmitters, if applicable.
7. Turn the key back to LCOK and remove key to exit programming mode.
8. Test the remotes.
2001 MDX -- Black
(Purchased Nov 2000)