CD Changer Stuck - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question CD Changer Stuck

Every now and then my changer would freeze then it would work again. Now its been frozen since september. Do you have any sugesstions to reset changer? Or do I need to buy a new unit? I have 5 of my favorite Cd's stuck inside!
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
Every now and then my changer would freeze then it would work again. Now its been frozen since september. Do you have any sugesstions to reset changer? Or do I need to buy a new unit? I have 5 of my favorite Cd's stuck inside!
I had once an authentic CD (not a burned one) get stuck in my '09 MDX and couldn't get it out or play. I think what I did is tried to get others to play/load and once they were doing that, I would hit the eject button and get them all out, including the one that was stuck. From my past experience, I noticed that CDs that I burned and placed a sticky label on top with one of those do-it-yourself kits would inevitably get stuck sooner or later.
LegendLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

When we first bought the car in October, the CD changer refused to accept any more than one disk. I don't drive the car very much but my wife was able to load 6 disk in there with some persistence.

Even now when I go to eject the disk, it will do so but immediately feed itself back in. You have to be ready to grab it quick.

Annoying to say the least. My '03 Accord has never has so many electronic issues as our '07 MDX.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

I used to do the same thing. But now i think it can't use CPR. Will have to repalce it with a double din unit.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

You may already know this, but you can replace it with a single DIN as well. Places like Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras have parts that match your interior so you can go with a single or double. There are several threads about radio replacements. And it is not a difficult DIY project. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
I used to do the same thing. But now i think it can't use CPR. Will have to repalce it with a double din unit.
tom34diy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: