RES: ribbon cable for LCD screen - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

RES: ribbon cable for LCD screen

Hello,
The ribbon cable in my RES is broken due to my active kids. I went to the stealer and they won't repair it. They only want to sell the me the new unit. I tried the local audio store but Panasonic only deal w/ stealer since the part is OEM. I don't see the point of discarding the entire working unit only because of this part.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or inputs.

Thank you,

Tuan

04' Silver/Ebony w/60k and rolling...
M_Power97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Go to the panasonic site, navigate to the parts and input your model number. Then the trick is to find out how to disassemble the unit to replace it.
SS, SG, BSM, Front Air Deflector, Philips Xenon 4,100k HID conversion for Lows, Sylvania SilverStar for Fog Lights,04 Spoiler. Finally, Alpine CD/MP3 Changer, Panasonic DVDPKG2 RES, SAM UNIT, rear camera, Alll for my Beautiful, daughter. Installed Wood Steering Wheel. whew.
Warzau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Warzau, i had disassembled it already that's how i found out. I had all the specs on the unit but cannot find anything searching online. The ribbon itself has 4 lines of numbers and two signs(square&triangle). I tried ser. no., model no. and reference no. but no prevails. Panasonic will not disclose cross reference model/no so individual like ourself can order it from our local store.
I'll try your route and see what result can be obtain.

Thank you,

Old 02-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by M_Power97
Warzau, i had disassembled it already that's how i found out. I had all the specs on the unit but cannot find anything searching online. The ribbon itself has 4 lines of numbers and two signs(square&triangle). I tried ser. no., model no. and reference no. but no prevails. Panasonic will not disclose cross reference model/no so individual like ourself can order it from our local store.

Thank you,
Really I had always excellent results. What is the model number, or is this the Honda OE RES?

Is this where you went to?

http://www.pstc.panasonic.com/Epartr...ListChoice.asp
SS, SG, BSM, Front Air Deflector, Philips Xenon 4,100k HID conversion for Lows, Sylvania SilverStar for Fog Lights,04 Spoiler. Finally, Alpine CD/MP3 Changer, Panasonic DVDPKG2 RES, SAM UNIT, rear camera, Alll for my Beautiful, daughter. Installed Wood Steering Wheel. whew.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Warzau,

I tried your link but still no meaningful result.
Here are unit specs:

MDX RES
Model No. 39460-sv3-a013-m1
Ref. No. CN-TH2262Z
Ser. No. 11116916

Ribbon specs(4 lines):

M4A479172A
FA4320148 (a square sign)
TR-7WA2MH-H
TXFBM01AT37 (a triangle sign)

Thank you,

Old 02-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ohh I see it is a Panasonic Rebadged RES for Acura.

What year is your MDX
Old 02-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Give Tim a call http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Great guy and ask for the price, for the part,unfortunately it looks like the ribbon is part of the monitor and does not come separate. See if you feel it's worth to buy it.

Reminds me of laptop monitors, even if the ribbon cable is torn you still need to buy another one, or canibalize a used one.
Attached Thumbnails
RES: ribbon cable for LCD screen-res.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Warzau,

'04 MDX Touring. It's a Panasonic unit but will show up as an Alpine part from Acura(colaboration). I'll give Tim a call and see where we can go from there. Your help is absolutely crucial.

Thank you,

Old 02-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Warzau,

I've contacted Tim but he was unable to order the ribbon separately. He said the entire unit would be around $1300.
The local stealer quoted $300 + part(s) cost + labor cost to send the unit to Panasonic for repair.
I'm now relinquish to two final options. Junkyard or soldering! I think mine is just the beginning of many more cases to come since DVD systems are fairly new auto integration.

Thank you,

Old 02-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by M_Power97
Warzau,

I've contacted Tim but he was unable to order the ribbon separately. He said the entire unit would be around $1300.
The local stealer quoted $300 + part(s) cost + labor cost to send the unit to Panasonic for repair.
I'm now relinquish to two final options. Junkyard or soldering! I think mine is just the beginning of many more cases to come since DVD systems are fairly new auto integration.

Thank you,
Holy crap that much for just the screen?

WOW I found this on fleabay you might be able to cannibalize then keep the rest for future repairs. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...fAudioQ5fVideo
Old 02-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Warzau,
The model is slightly different but i think it will work. I'm waiting on a couple of replies from junkyards.
Thank you,

Old 02-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

NP hope it works out for you.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

DVD Display Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power97 View Post

Thank you,
Can you please let me know how I can remove the display unit from the roof? My display is starting to act up where the video is also not displaying, but it is displaying when the monitor is down anywhere between 0-45 degrees angle. So it's semi-working still. Just not at an angle where passengers can view the display.

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

That I don't know, perhaps if you start a new thread, someone with a service manual for MDX with RES can help you. I only have 01-02 service manual.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks, I created one in the Audio section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warzau View Post
That I don't know, perhaps if you start a new thread, someone with a service manual for MDX with RES can help you. I only have 01-02 service manual.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: