Dvd Audio How Does It Sound? - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman70 View Post
I think you're missing the boat Kahuna. For the music you fit into a whole wall in your room and only play one by one, I can fit in my pocket and play all at anytime and anywhere. Just plug my iPod/iphone into my car, stereo, Bluetooth device and out comes the equivalent of about 1000 CDs. By the way, I get digital artwork and lyrics too that show up on the nav or TV screen. A cd can't do that
You're not getting what I'm saying. I too use an MP3 player. I just take the time to rip my own. I have around 700+ Cds...and will continue to buy my music in that format until they stop making them. I will not buy my music from iTunes.
TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
You're not getting what I'm saying. I too use an MP3 player. I just take the time to rip my own. I have around 700+ Cds...and will continue to buy my music in that format until they stop making them. I will not buy my music from iTunes.
I agree with BigKahuna, I have a large number of CDs, almost all have been ripped and stored in my flash drives that I use to listen to in my cars. In a mobile environment, I think it's more than good enough. However, I still prefer to listen to music from a CD in my home system. I compared some mp3s on CD vs. a purchased music CD, and the difference is noticeable.
Donodarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

I have been underwhelmed by the stereo system in general(I am pretty picky and have nice equipment at home), but DTS Audio CD's sound amazing. Diana Krall is simply stunning.
Why0Why is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why0Why View Post
I have been underwhelmed by the stereo system in general(I am pretty picky and have nice equipment at home), but DTS Audio CD's sound amazing. Diana Krall is simply stunning.
She IS easy on the eye!
Donodarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

So what if you just want a certain song. Why would you pay for a whole album when you can spend $.99 on just the song you want?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Catman70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

^I've never bought music that way, except for a few singles, way back when I was a kid. If an artist can't come up with 8 or 9 good songs to fill an album, I probably have no use for ANY of their music. I would never pay .99 for A song. Those songs, can be heard on demand online or every 15 minutes, on the radio most likely. I'm just not, nor will I ever be a digital download music consumer.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #22 (permalink)

Not sure what makes the difference, must be the way discs are encoded, but some 5.1 DVDs will only play as 2ch stereo, and some play in 5.1 Dolby on the MDX system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: