My CDs were stuck in my player in my 01 MDX for over a year and I finally fixed it last night with help from this forum. The CD player no longer responded to the load or eject buttons and would give me an error message that said Er-01. There are a couple threads about this, but here is what I did.
1) Make sure you have the radio code before you do this b/c you will need it to use your stereo after this procedure. Mine was in my owner's manual binder on the inside jacket cover. If you don't have it, you can get it from a dealer if you have the serial number of the radio. To get it, I think you turn the stereo off and hold down the 1 and 6 button while turning it back on. Again, this info is in a thread somewhere and you can find it by searching.
2) Disconnect the positive lead from the car's battery, wait a minute, and then re-attach it, but don't screw it tight just yet.
3) Even with the ignition off, my CD player immediately started to churn (first sign of life in over a year!), presumably taking an inventory. I keyed the ignition far enough for the radio and accessories to work.
4) Turn on the radio and enter the code using the keys for the FM station presets.
5) Now comes the fun part. Since my CDs had been moved by the unit, I was now able to actually see one (before I started, I couldn't see any when I manually lifted the dust cover of the CD player). Using a small screwdriver and possibly some narrow tweezers, try to work out the CD if it is visible behind the dust cover. If it is not visible, try pressing the eject button and see what happens, or you can try choosing a different CD and see if there is any change. On my unit, the dust cover had to be down for anything to happen. I had to play with the eject button and disc selector a few times, but I finally got all 3 of my stuck CDs out. Once I did that, I put one back in and everything worked fine.
6) If you're successful in getting the CDs out, then tighten the battery lead. If your CD player decides to stop responding, then kill the battery again and keep trying.
One of the posters on another thread thought that CD-Rs - the kind you burn yourself - might be a little thicker and therefore more susceptible to sticking. Same thing with labels on them. All 3 of my CDs were indeed CD-Rs, but I had used them in the CD player for years without any previous problem, so use your own judgment.
SBR Dude was very helpful in fixing the CD changer in my 2003 MDX. The CDs got jammed in the player and when I pushed the CD button it gave me a few seconds of a buzzing sound and then I would get an error code EO-1 and the player would jump over to radio. I turned the radio off and on numerous times, pressed the CD button and banged on the player, but the result was always the same. Just buzzing and the error code.
My fix was very simple after reading this forum:
1) Find radio security code in owners manual or wherever you keep it
2) Disconnect positive side of battery and wait a couple minutes
3) Reconnect battery
4) Turn ignition to on, but don't start the car
5) Turn on radio/CD player
6) Enter the security code when prompted
I could then hear the CD player cycling through all the CDs and then it began playing one of the CDs. I didn't have to remove any CD's, stick in a credit card, or take any other mechanical action. Problem fixed. For whatever reason the player needs to be totally powered down to reset itself and sort out whatever it was stuck on. I'm not sure what caused the problem in the first place. It's my wife's car and she listens to a lot of books on CD when traveling. I don't know if she accidentally loaded it wrong since most books are 4-6 CDs or hit the wrong button at the wrong time. She just said it jammed on her. Hopefully it won't happen again, but now I know how to fix it.