Cd player malfunction - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Cd player malfunction

Anyone know how to fix a cd player 6 pack factory Bose? The cds are stuck inside , won't eject or play just gives error code, radio still works. 01 MDX
rudster51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

My CDs were stuck in my player in my 01 MDX for over a year and I finally fixed it last night with help from this forum. The CD player no longer responded to the load or eject buttons and would give me an error message that said Er-01. There are a couple threads about this, but here is what I did.

1) Make sure you have the radio code before you do this b/c you will need it to use your stereo after this procedure. Mine was in my owner's manual binder on the inside jacket cover. If you don't have it, you can get it from a dealer if you have the serial number of the radio. To get it, I think you turn the stereo off and hold down the 1 and 6 button while turning it back on. Again, this info is in a thread somewhere and you can find it by searching.

2) Disconnect the positive lead from the car's battery, wait a minute, and then re-attach it, but don't screw it tight just yet.

3) Even with the ignition off, my CD player immediately started to churn (first sign of life in over a year!), presumably taking an inventory. I keyed the ignition far enough for the radio and accessories to work.

4) Turn on the radio and enter the code using the keys for the FM station presets.

5) Now comes the fun part. Since my CDs had been moved by the unit, I was now able to actually see one (before I started, I couldn't see any when I manually lifted the dust cover of the CD player). Using a small screwdriver and possibly some narrow tweezers, try to work out the CD if it is visible behind the dust cover. If it is not visible, try pressing the eject button and see what happens, or you can try choosing a different CD and see if there is any change. On my unit, the dust cover had to be down for anything to happen. I had to play with the eject button and disc selector a few times, but I finally got all 3 of my stuck CDs out. Once I did that, I put one back in and everything worked fine.

6) If you're successful in getting the CDs out, then tighten the battery lead. If your CD player decides to stop responding, then kill the battery again and keep trying.

One of the posters on another thread thought that CD-Rs - the kind you burn yourself - might be a little thicker and therefore more susceptible to sticking. Same thing with labels on them. All 3 of my CDs were indeed CD-Rs, but I had used them in the CD player for years without any previous problem, so use your own judgment.
SBR Dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rebuilt /repair indash disc changer???

After 55+ months and 92,000 miles the indash cd changer is just so erratic that I am actually thinking of replacing it.

Dealer wants some rediculous amount ($1,000) and I am thinking there MUST be some someone that has a source for repair / rebuild of the units.

I don't think anything is really "broken" just that the various rubber bits are so thoroughly glazed that nothing catches anymore.

Please note that I used "disc" and chose the whole title so that it comes up properly in the forum search -- do not use "cd" as it is two short a search term and is not indexed.

Much thanks!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Chopper Challenge Champion

You could always find one on ebay and replace it. Theres instructions on the forum on how to install it. I wouldnt mind taking a crack at one of those units and see if I could fix one.
midnightMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: