Service B123 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Service B123

Hi guys, I have a 2008 Acura MDX and service B123 is required. I was wondering what is needed besides oil change/rotate tire/tranmission fluid needs to be done/changed. Does anyone know how much it would cost if I go to a dealer and have this done?
T1210r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just got off the phone with 2 different Acura dealers. One was charging 388.90 plus tax and the other place was 474 plus tax. These are both Central New Jersey dealers. How could one charge more than the other?? Does anyone know how much it should really cost?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

b123= replace engine oil/filter. rotate tires. replace air cleaner. replace transmission fluid/transfer fluid.

2006 Toyota Camry V6. 255,000 Miles.
mmm666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

thanks mmm! has anyone gotten this service done at the dealer and if so, how much did you pay?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

welcome. If you do DIY, you can save alot of money. probably save about $300-$350.

2006 Toyota Camry V6. 255,000 Miles.
mmm666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1210r View Post
Just got off the phone with 2 different Acura dealers. One was charging 388.90 plus tax and the other place was 474 plus tax. These are both Central New Jersey dealers. How could one charge more than the other?? Does anyone know how much it should really cost?
The quotes you have gotten seem rather high. If I were you I would get a quote from a Honda dealer and also an independent service shop. (The air filter is rather easy to do by yourself)

By the way, I now have 50K miles on my 2008 MDX. What is your mileage?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

you're asking for the wrong things. don't ask for a price on the B123. ask for: oil change ($40), tire rotation ($30), cabin and air filter (DIY+$40 in filters), tranny fluid flush ($100-150?). supply your own oil and filter and pay for labor...price goes down.

the "B" actually includes a bunch of inspections on the car much more extensive than the "A". so its up to you. if you specifically ask for prices on the items listed above the price WILL be lower than $38x. the filters alone will save you $70 (yes they charge over $100 with parts to change those for you).

'05 TL 6MT w/navi--AM/ebony--lightly modded
trimdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

searched B1 service (currently due on my '07) and found this thread. Acura quoted me $150 NOT including tire rotation. What a rip...

'09 BMW 328i X, V1 hardwired, Blinder M47 front, Laser Interceptor Dual rear, Midland CB

'12 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite Smoky Topaz/Truffle

others:
'03 TL type S 5AT
'04 MDX Touring
'05 TL Nav 5AT
'08 VW GTI 6MT

http://www.radardetectorforum.org
non-profit website run by enthusiasts
upstatedoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

I called my local dealer (bernardi acura of boston) today and they quoted me $520. Haha!

Tire rotation, oil change, various filter changes, transmission fluid change, and tightening of belts, whatever that means.

Will be calling other dealers tomorrow and looking for coupons.
Darkshines629 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1210r View Post
Hi guys, I have a 2008 Acura MDX and service B123 is required. I was wondering what is needed besides oil change/rotate tire/tranmission fluid needs to be done/changed. Does anyone know how much it would cost if I go to a dealer and have this done?
My deal called and told me that I need to get B123 done as my Transmission fluid is not good etc. As my MDX ic going to hit 25K miles soon.
To my suprise he quoted: $740 owwwww....

And I called other Acura dealer who quoted for 500$.

Both are like 15 miles away.
Don't understand why they have that much difference, Items to be done are same. I mean I asked both what exactly they do.....they both told the same work to be done. But rate has much difference.
2011 Tech with Entertainment Package
Dark Cherryl Pearl/Taupe Leather
2005 Civic LX

Previous Vehicle:
1999 Honda Accord
2011mdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
CNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011mdx View Post
My deal called and told me that I need to get B123 done as my Transmission fluid is not good etc. As my MDX ic going to hit 25K miles soon.
To my suprise he quoted: $740 owwwww....

And I called other Acura dealer who quoted for 500$.

Both are like 15 miles away.
Don't understand why they have that much difference, Items to be done are same. I mean I asked both what exactly they do.....they both told the same work to be done. But rate has much difference.
One is just "more" of a ripoff than the other. So we have a B12 and I haven't had a chance to look in the manual - wife has the MDX. We also need to get it in for the Trans reflash? We got a letter explaining a potential transmission issue a while ago. It seems to drive okay but I guess it should be done right?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Tetris Champion

Send a message via AIM to Hodog16
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimdx View Post
you're asking for the wrong things. don't ask for a price on the B123. ask for: oil change ($40), tire rotation ($30), cabin and air filter (DIY+$40 in filters), tranny fluid flush ($100-150?). supply your own oil and filter and pay for labor...price goes down.

the "B" actually includes a bunch of inspections on the car much more extensive than the "A". so its up to you. if you specifically ask for prices on the items listed above the price WILL be lower than $38x. the filters alone will save you $70 (yes they charge over $100 with parts to change those for you).
This is how you do it. The air cleaner/filters you should be able to change by yourself. They should inspect your car regardless even if you don't ask for it.

I've changed my tires and get free rotations elsewhere, so when this came up for me it was an oil change + transmission fluid flush and was less than $150.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hi, I am having a 2010 TSX, I got B123 service code too. When i went to the dealer he quoted me 900$

Replace air filters, replace dust and pollen filter with A/C frigi-fresh, Brake fluid exchange service (once every 3 yrs), fuel/air induction system clean-up service, power steering fluid exchange service.

Since i had tire rotation done in last week when i changed my tires and transmission fluid changed last year, they were ommitted this time.

But i am thinking 900$ is too high. Please suggest.
chaithu87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

I am on my third MDX and I have found that the service interval on my 2011 with the Maintenance Minder is longer than on my 01 or 05. To make up for fewer visits for service, my dealer has their "recommended" services which is typically more services than the Maintenance Minder indicates is required. This is probably what is happening in your case. The general recommendation here has been have the services limited to what the Maintenance Minder indicates are needed. Of course the dealer may price the needed service higher to encourage you to get everything done. Regardless, $900 is way too high for the services you were quoted.

If you don't have an independent Acura/Honda mechanic around, you might get a quote from the nearest Honda dealer for the services.
wasjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: