Need to Reset your SRS Light...DIY Instructions - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post Need to Reset your SRS Light...DIY Instructions

*DISCLAIMER* Resetting the SRS light manually is not recommended unless you know why it is on and you have fixed the problem!

I recenty upgraded to the wood steering wheel per instructions I found on the forum. To make a long story short, I had to start up the car before I put the air bag back into the car. This caused the SRS light to come on and stay on after I had completed the job. (The light will not go out until it is reset.) I did a search on the forum, but did not find any instructions on how to reset this light except....take it to the dealer. This was not what I wanted to do since i knew why the light was on and did not want to waste time by taking it to a dealer. I did some searching on google and i found the instructions on how to reset the light HERE.(DEADLINK)

This guy has a very nice write up with pictures. The procedure is very easy. The procedure appears to be the same on all Honda/Acura vehicles. The MES (memory erase signal) connector mentioned in the instructions is located in the fuse box near the parking brake pedal. This worked for me on the first try. No more SRS light!

**MOD NOTE** Fix is here.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=308198
MrPDJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up Worked on an '01 Touring

Worked on my 2001 MDX. The plug is yellow and exactly where he said.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Work on 04 MDX

The reset instruction worked. Thank you for the post. Please find attached picture of the 04 MDX panel. The yellow connector is in the cluster of connectors and it is plugged into a dummy socket.
Attached Thumbnails
Need to Reset your SRS Light...DIY Instructions-img_5093.jpg  
Old 09-20-2007, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think there's a TSB with a free fix from Acura for this problem.

MidnightMDX's Awesome FAQ for the '01-'06 MDX
Sinecure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

it worked 2001 mdx

I DID THIS ON MY 2001 ACURA MDX FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS AND TOOK CARE OF LIGHT. MAN THIS LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS IF I KNEW IT WAS THAT EASY TO CLEAR I WOULD HAVE DONE IT A LONG TIME AGO THANKS FOR THE POST:-)
deezo142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Chopper Challenge Champion

Re: it worked 2001 mdx

Quote:
Originally posted by deezo142
I DID THIS ON MY 2001 ACURA MDX FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS AND TOOK CARE OF LIGHT. MAN THIS LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS IF I KNEW IT WAS THAT EASY TO CLEAR I WOULD HAVE DONE IT A LONG TIME AGO THANKS FOR THE POST:-)
You should of come here sooner.
midnightMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Smile

Glad the DIY helped you out!
MrPDJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hi Guys!

I did all like it explained in instruction,
Connected together 2 wireles,then turned ignition on 2,when the SRS light dissapeard i disconected wireles,when it appeard again i conected them back,the SRS light blinked twice but then appeared again.
Have you anu suggestions what can be wrong or what i did wrong???
I have an Acura MDX 2004,just recently replaced two airbags (steering wheel,passenger dash board), two front seatbelts,and a Module,i thought after im gonna replace this all the srs light will go off,but it still on.And now i'm trying to reset it,but maybe something i'm doing wrong,it blinkes twice but after that appears again.
Timur2070 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

resetting srs light

Yeah im not sure but you may have something else going on besides the light because when i did it on my 01 it worked the first time was the light on prior to you replacing the steering wheel? if not i would double check all the connections again and try the instuctions to the tee one more time hopefully it works out
Old 12-23-2008, 12:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

In dealership (were i replaced all the parts listed above),told me,that the SRS light is ON,because of the BUCKLE,they sad that i have to replace front buckles to get rid of the SRS light.But according to this threat some of the people here got rid of this light even without having an AIRBAGS.While i was doing this procedure to reset SRS light,at the end it blinked twice,but then appeared again.
Timur2070 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

srs reset

the last thing i would ask is are you doing all the steps in the proper amount of time alloted for each step if you take too long it may time out
Old 12-25-2008, 03:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I think this plain reset stems outside of what you need. After replacing all those items something must not be checking out right. The dealership might be right.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
RSM

Re: Need to Reset your SRS Light...DIY Instructions

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPDJ
*DISCLAIMER* Resetting the SRS light manually is not recommended unless you know why it is on and you have fixed the problem!

I recenty upgraded to the wood steering wheel per instructions I found on the forum. To make a long story short, I had to start up the car before I put the air bag back into the car. This caused the SRS light to come on and stay on after I had completed the job. (The light will not go out until it is reset.) I did a search on the forum, but did not find any instructions on how to reset this light except....take it to the dealer. This was not what I wanted to do since i knew why the light was on and did not want to waste time by taking it to a dealer. I did some searching on google and i found the instructions on how to reset the light here.

This guy has a very nice write up with pictures. The procedure is very easy. The procedure appears to be the same on all Honda/Acura vehicles. The MES (memory erase signal) connector mentioned in the instructions is located in the fuse box near the parking brake pedal. This worked for me on the first try. No more SRS light!
My SRS light would turn off and on intermittently. It would stay on for a few seconds then would turn off. Whenever I place some stuff on the front passenger seat, it would turn on. When I remove it, the light would turn off. Can this be fixed by the same instructions?
RSM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Re: Re: Need to Reset your SRS Light...DIY Instructions

Quote:
Originally posted by RSM

My SRS light would turn off and on intermittently. It would stay on for a few seconds then would turn off. Whenever I place some stuff on the front passenger seat, it would turn on. When I remove it, the light would turn off. Can this be fixed by the same instructions?
I dont think it would work. Your issue is probably tied directly to the passenger detection system.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Timur, I had a similar problem with me, I have a 2004 MDX aswell. Connected the wires, SRS went off, took them apart, came on again, put them together again and it went off, pulled apart and it went off and then flashed 2 times and stayed off. Turn the ignition off waited 10 secs and turned the car on. SRS went off after 6 seconds, but then came back on again. Did it all within the 4 second time limit, wasn't successful for me even after several attempts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: