Reset "maintenance required" light!!! - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

I just had to reset the maint reqd light on the '01 MDX, according to the manual, hold select and reset buttons, turn the key to on and hold buttons for 10 seconds, the light will reset. Worked as indicated. Was trying to reset according to the instructions others have posted here, nothing mentioned about hold for 10 seconds, after doing this, light is off.
hurschel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmanh View Post
Hello Fellow MDX owners!!!

I recently had my MDX "Maintenance required" light go on at EXACTLY 7500miles. I know there wasn't an issue with the engine, etc. The light was just a built in reminder to do regular maintenance service @ 7500, 15000, etc.

Anyways I live about an hour from the nearest Acura dealer. So I took the car to my local Honda dealer and had the technician reset the light reminder. He showed me how to do it myself. So in the future when the light goes on again I do not have to waste time and get a dealer to reset it for me.

Here is how you do it. It takes about 30 seconds and NO tools required. REALLY EASY!!!!

THIS PROCEDURE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO KEEP HOLDING DOWN THE SELECT AND RESET BUTTONS DOWN THROUGH OUT THE PROCESS.

1. While holding down the SELECT and RESET buttons on the odometer. "Use your left hand for this move"
2. Insert key into ignition. "Use your right hand for this move"
3.Turn key to ON position.
4. Hold key and look to see if the display lights on your dash light up.
5. Hold the key in this position for a few seconds. The cars systems will cycle through all the necessary checks/lights and reset itself.
6. Remember to Keep holding down the SELECT and RESET button while turning key to OFF/ON position. Lastly, turn key back to ON. This should reset the "Maintenance required" light.

That's it!!!

Please send me some feedback on this posting!!!
Yeah, it works as detailed. I recently serviced my MDX but travelling a long distance ignited the light. Thanks a bunch!
sadejobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

MGMDX you're the man. I've followed the manual and it worked. Thanks bro.
phat_kat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

Before I found this site

I read that info on Page 67 of the owners manual (2001).... I found in the glove box..... The most extensive owners manual I have ever seen.

Not my rig just my responsibility

every one should read it.

In the old days there was a dip switch behind the instrument cluster, you just reached up their and turned off or on if you wanted.........It was a huge racket... we need your car for 4-6 hrs and that will be 4-600 dollars.. said the stealership....I wont mention any names
scootn2nature is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmanh View Post
Hello Fellow MDX owners!!!

I recently had my MDX "Maintenance required" light go on at EXACTLY 7500miles. I know there wasn't an issue with the engine, etc. The light was just a built in reminder to do regular maintenance service @ 7500, 15000, etc.

Anyways I live about an hour from the nearest Acura dealer. So I took the car to my local Honda dealer and had the technician reset the light reminder. He showed me how to do it myself. So in the future when the light goes on again I do not have to waste time and get a dealer to reset it for me.

Here is how you do it. It takes about 30 seconds and NO tools required. REALLY EASY!!!!

THIS PROCEDURE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO KEEP HOLDING DOWN THE SELECT AND RESET BUTTONS DOWN THROUGH OUT THE PROCESS.

1. While holding down the SELECT and RESET buttons on the odometer. "Use your left hand for this move"
2. Insert key into ignition. "Use your right hand for this move"
3.Turn key to ON position.
4. Hold key and look to see if the display lights on your dash light up.
5. Hold the key in this position for a few seconds. The cars systems will cycle through all the necessary checks/lights and reset itself.
6. Remember to Keep holding down the SELECT and RESET button while turning key to OFF/ON position. Lastly, turn key back to ON. This should reset the "Maintenance required" light.

That's it!!!

Please send me some feedback on this posting!!!
Just one minor correction to this procedure as written. In step 5, you have to keep the key on, and the SELECT and RESET buttons pressed, for a full ten seconds (as noted in a later post by hurschel). At that point, the MAINT light will go out and you're done resetting it.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: