FS: HID Kits, SLIM BALLAST AC 35W - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fab

Smile FS: HID Kits, SLIM BALLAST AC 35W

Ordered a few Slim kit AC ballast perfect fit for our MDX fog lights (and low beams for first gen). 5000k So it matches Low beams perfectly, gives it an OEM look. AC kit so its going to be better than a DDM kit and its a slim ballast so your basiclly paying the same price but for a better product. Got 9 h11 kits 5000k, 1 9006 6000k, and 4 Canbus kits for those who want to HID their Mercedes, BMW, volkswagon, ect ect.

35W AC slim kit $65
35W AC Canbus Slim kit $85

And its raining like crazy outside so I can't get a picture of my car right now but I'll upload the kit soon.

(ps the interior kit, license palte, and side marker still up for sale. Cree reverse sell too quick need to reorder again )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Did you see my message?
Makeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Never mind I just saw it
Makeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fab

Pictures of hid fog!!

So its still raining but I did my best to get a few pictures of the HID fogs. Notice how it matches the stock low beams so well. Also that is LED side markers on the car.
Attached Thumbnails
FS: HID Kits, SLIM BALLAST AC 35W-hid-fog.jpg   FS: HID Kits, SLIM BALLAST AC 35W-hid-fog-2-5000k.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Interested in the fogs for my '08. Price / availability? What's all included?
dmodem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmodem View Post
Interested in the fogs for my '08. Price / availability? What's all included?
2 AC slim kits (no bulky stuff here), 2 new bulbs, mouting brackets, a piece of paper that teaches you what to do (Not really helpful if its your first time, it just etaches you how to plug it in, shoot me an email if you need help), and a nice fancy box.

Available right now price is $65 for the kits needed in MDX
Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Do you have brighter blue lights for the driver/passenger feet? I want to make those brighter without killing my nighttime visibility, but would like the rest of the lighting to be the pure white.

Also how are the operating temperatures/power consumption on these lights versus factory? I'm always weary about warping plastic light lenses and killing my battery when using my dome lights to help do some interior detailing at times. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolinNoMore View Post
Do you have brighter blue lights for the driver/passenger feet? I want to make those brighter without killing my nighttime visibility, but would like the rest of the lighting to be the pure white.

Also how are the operating temperatures/power consumption on these lights versus factory? I'm always weary about warping plastic light lenses and killing my battery when using my dome lights to help do some interior detailing at times. Thanks in advance!
I'll Pm you the details about the interior lights since that regards my other thread.

As for power consumption, these lights run at 35W which is lower than the stock bulbs (55W) so There won't be any overheating issues and warping of plastic cover. As long as you don't use anything higher than 55W you should be good. (A common problem with aftermarket "white" halogen bulbs is they are labeled 55W but their power isn't regulated so its actually 70+/- W and that's how the melting plastic happens). These HID kits will run less power and produce better light output than halogen bulbs.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Whoops sorry about the hijack, I had both threads open and posted on the wrong one! Since I'm here, any chance at pictures of the installation? I'm mostly curious about where you mounted the slim box.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolinNoMore View Post
Whoops sorry about the hijack, I had both threads open and posted on the wrong one! Since I'm here, any chance at pictures of the installation? I'm mostly curious about where you mounted the slim box.
I don't have any installation pictures but I personally used double stick tape and taped it onto the side of the bumper wall. The ballast hasn't had any heat issues and it's been couple years now. For a more professional look it comes with mounting brackets and screws and you can mount it anywhere.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

pmed you regarding these
wrx2mdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx2mdx View Post
pmed you regarding these
Pm backed
Old 02-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

pm sent
KWIKNVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIKNVA View Post
pm sent
replied
Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fab

2 kits left
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: