Mirrors and steering wheel still erratic - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mirrors and steering wheel still erratic

I replaced both mirror actuators and the problem still persists. The steering wheel will either not move or move half way. When I shift to reverse the right mirror would rotate down but not the left. After a few attempts now neither mirror will rotate. The only solution I have seen is the mirror actuators is there any other solutions or could I have installed them incorrectly
Teri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

early sign the battery is taking a crap? it can happen. the electronics go a little nuts sometimes when the battery is starting to go bad. it's happened in TLs. i've read about the telescoping steering wheel not working intermittiently when the battery starts to go. worth a check.

'05 TL 6MT w/navi--AM/ebony--lightly modded
trimdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Move the switch to either the right or left side position as if you were going to adjust the mirrors. Then that side will tilt. You can only choose one side to tilt. If in center position on 07- there will be no tilting. In center position on 01-06 touring, only right side tilts.

Steering wheel is most likely stopping its movement because you are moving the gearshift selector, most auto adjustments are disabled when selector is not in 'P' range.

HTH
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: