What caused my MIL (check engine light) to go on - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

What caused my MIL (check engine light) to go on

On my 2004 MDX, last week my malfunction indicator light (the engine icon on the dash) came on and stayed on. I took it to the dealer. They checked the codes, which indicated an evaporator leak in the system. They then checked all the lines, and found a cut in the fuel vent tube, which looked almost like it had been sliced open. What's weird is how this might have happened, since that whole area is covered and protected by a plastic shroud.

The tube they replaced is the "FUEL VENT TUBE A" (p/n 17713-S3V-A50), shown as #19 in the CANISTER parts diagram below.

It was an inexpensive fix, even with the 1.5 hours of labor to diagnose and find the problem. (I had to go back because they didn't have the part in stock.)

Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice to hear it was an easy fix!
Bill_de is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: