2007 MDX P0154 sensor - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

2007 MDX P0154 sensor

After taking my car in for a car wash I drove a block and received P0154 and 77 error codes. Took it into the dealer and after $135 to diagnose I was told it was an oxygen sensor which needs to be replaced. Although the part is under $200 the labor is another $275 to install. Is this something my husband can do? He is not familiar with the location but pretty handy on repairs. I was hoping to get some information for when he is back in town.

Any input is appreciated
ilaria2901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oxygen sensors are pretty easy to remove provided they aren't seized. Even then it just takes a bit of PB Blaster or some other penetrating lube and some time for it to do its thing. Go to Auto Zone or another parts store that is local to you and rent an oxygen sensor removal tool, it makes all the difference when removing an o2 sensor. $275 is ridiculous.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
Oxygen sensors are pretty easy to remove provided they aren't seized. Even then it just takes a bit of PB Blaster or some other penetrating lube and some time for it to do its thing. Go to Auto Zone or another parts store that is local to you and rent an oxygen sensor removal tool, it makes all the difference when removing an o2 sensor. $275 is ridiculous.
Whoa! I did not know that there's a special tool for that. For my sister's civic, we only used a wrench but the location of the sensor is easy to access. It's good to know that's specialty tools are available to rent or (loan?) from local parts store. It will save us some $$ especially if it will only be for a one time use.

@ ilaria2901
$275 is high! I guess depending on w/c sensor needs replacement. Maybe they need to take some assemblies/parts out of the way to access it that's why they charge about 3-hr job? Can they waive the $135(high too!) if you let them do the repair?
Anyway, call some other honda/acura dealer for a price quote. I hope the sensor location is indicated in ur work order and the error codes. Tell them which sensor need replacing. You can also get a price quote from an independent shop that specializes honda/acura repairs. Most of them will give a one yr guarantee on oem parts/labor. Oh, yeah- I'll stick w/ original honda/acura sensor if you end up using a non-acura dealer.
EX2100 250hp sportboat with wakeboard tower
07 MDX S/E pkg. tow pkg. chrome steps(sold)
gotMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is there any where I can get an image of where the sensors are located? I would like to go back to the dealer and hopefully get them to tell me which on.

If I buy the part from them, would they apply the diagnostic? Or does that only apply to the labor portion?
ilaria2901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaria2901 View Post
Is there any where I can get an image of where the sensors are located? I would like to go back to the dealer and hopefully get them to tell me which on.

If I buy the part from them, would they apply the diagnostic? Or does that only apply to the labor portion?
Sensor part #should be indicated in the work order. If not ask the dealer for it then call Tim for a part price quote. He got the diagram and can tell u the location. Tim info below:
Always Order From Tim

Keep us updated....
EX2100 250hp sportboat with wakeboard tower
07 MDX S/E pkg. tow pkg. chrome steps(sold)
gotMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: