Multiple (4) ECU Error Codes !ALL AT ONCE! - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Red face Multiple (4) ECU Error Codes !ALL AT ONCE!

My 2007 MDX has 68K... never had any significant problems...
Just returned from 12 days without driving... within 15-20 Miles of driving, I got blasted with 4 error codes ... ALL AT ONCE...!!! As displayed on the Navi system....
Of course, the display tell me nothing (except to go to the dealer ASAP)..
I'm interested in gaining knowledge before venturing into the abyss with the dealer.....

4 ERRORS:

P0154 Front Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Bank 2, Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction
61 Vehicle Stability System Error
77 SH-AWD System Error
P2254 Front Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Bank 2, Sensor 1) VS Line High Voltage

The only unusual thing was that prior to my vacation, I filled up the tank with gas... noticed that the guy pumped regular (of course, I always use premium..)
Don't know if it's related, just thought I'd mention it.

Driving and handling are all okay..
Too soon to judge MPG effect, if any.
When I turn off/turn on the car, the ERG error always comes back right away.
The other codes sometimes re-appear, and other times, don't ?HUH?

I disconnected the battery for 15', cleaned the terminals, restarted MDX...... and after 15 miles, no errors!... (also filled tank with "super premium" gas.

Thanks, in advance, for any insight!

PS: after disconnecting the battery, I was forced to reset the 'code' for the radio.. no problem... HOWEVER.. the Navi system wants a 'code' too... it doesn't accept my previous Navi PIN? What is this all about?... can I bypass this?.. Reset the Navi Code?... HELP! (please)
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by see2020 View Post
My 2007 MDX has 68K... never had any significant problems...
Just returned from 12 days without driving... within 15-20 Miles of driving, I got blasted with 4 error codes ... ALL AT ONCE...!!! As displayed on the Navi system....
Of course, the display tell me nothing (except to go to the dealer ASAP)..
I'm interested in gaining knowledge before venturing into the abyss with the dealer.....

4 ERRORS:

P0154 Front Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Bank 2, Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction
61 Vehicle Stability System Error
77 SH-AWD System Error
P2254 Front Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Bank 2, Sensor 1) VS Line High Voltage

The only unusual thing was that prior to my vacation, I filled up the tank with gas... noticed that the guy pumped regular (of course, I always use premium..)
Don't know if it's related, just thought I'd mention it.

Driving and handling are all okay..
Too soon to judge MPG effect, if any.
When I turn off/turn on the car, the ERG error always comes back right away.
The other codes sometimes re-appear, and other times, don't ?HUH?

I disconnected the battery for 15', cleaned the terminals, restarted MDX...... and after 15 miles, no errors!... (also filled tank with "super premium" gas.

Thanks, in advance, for any insight!

PS: after disconnecting the battery, I was forced to reset the 'code' for the radio.. no problem... HOWEVER.. the Navi system wants a 'code' too... it doesn't accept my previous Navi PIN? What is this all about?... can I bypass this?.. Reset the Navi Code?... HELP! (please)
I'm going to guess that your battery is weak. Is it the original one? If yes, I would look for a new one, maybe 650 cca instead of the stock 550.
sand wedge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like TAPS is playing for the battery or a connection directly related to it. The chances of all that going at once is slim.

HAD: 84 Corvette(SC) Coupe, 1969 Mustang Boss 302 Coupe,1984 Datsun 280ZX(Turbo),(3x)03 Mazda MX-6 V6,05 Camaro SS,98 Jeep GC 5.9 Limited,99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition,05 Subie WRX Limited
HAVE:04 Acura MDX Touring w/ Nav-RES
00 Jeep Cherokee Limited (City Car)
WANT:2011 Caddy CTS-V Hennessey Edition
2015 Acura NSX Type S
AutisMDXTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks to AutisMDXTypeS and sand wedge for their "battery concerns" .. it is the original, so replacing it couldn't hurt... (although there is no problem with cranking, etc..... I guess I'll load test it first).

BTW: I reset the only code that the local shop saw on their computer... (just one O2 sensor)... the computer did not "see" the 77 or 61 code....
These later codes (77 and 61) recur about 10 miles after I start the car....

Any other thoughts?....

Thanks..
Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

The other codes not seen by the local shop scan tools is due to Honda locking the protocol from 3rd party companies. Only the dealers have access to that.
A few months ago, I was messing around with my 08 MDX trans, I wanted to see if the speed sensor would be interchangeable with the 03 MDX's. They didn't fit properly, so I put them back, not adding the extra washer to space the sensor from the gear. As soon as I got out of the drive way, I got a ton of error codes, including those two. After I bough new sensors and added the spacer, I got no DTC's.
poolpartysrule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks PoolPartyRule for the time to reply... Any and All comments are appreciated (although I hope the tranny is not the problem! UGH~!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: