LED light for the right passenger seat heating switch - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

LED light for the right passenger seat heating switch

I just notice that the LED of the right passenger's seat heating switch is not working. It is the LED that goes on when you turn on the headlights at night so you can see the switch at night.

It is not a big deal of an issue, but I prefer to fix it if it is not a big hassle.

How tough to replace that LED?

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to highmath Send a message via Yahoo to highmath
Not hard at all. You first have to remove the cup holder by gently lifting and wiggling the lid; it should pop out easily. Next, lift up on the wood bezel ring around the shifter. When you lift it off, you will notice the the switch is attached to the bezel. You can (A) unscrew it to gain better access or (B) leave it in place. The bulb to replace will be the center one on the switch; They are really small bulbs, so be careful. Just use a precision screwdriver to remove them. I provided a link to the part you need. It is listed as #10. CLICK HERE FOR PART #
Old 07-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Replacement of the middle LED is done!

Thanks for the instructions. The only issue I had is that the Mug holder was "fixed" via 2 double side tapes. Once removed it looked a bit messy from the melt glue all around the double sided tapes.

Removing the burnt LED was bit tricky as it needs only a 45 degrees counter clockwise twist and I thought it needs 90 degrees.

As a bonus, the removed parts and whatever underneath got a cleaning "bath".

Thanks again for the instructions.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by highmath
Not hard at all. You first have to remove the cup holder by gently lifting and wiggling the lid; it should pop out easily. Next, lift up on the wood bezel ring around the shifter. When you lift it off, you will notice the the switch is attached to the bezel. You can (A) unscrew it to gain better access or (B) leave it in place. The bulb to replace will be the center one on the switch; They are really small bulbs, so be careful. Just use a precision screwdriver to remove them. I provided a link to the part you need. It is listed as #10. CLICK HERE FOR PART #
Hi. Follow-up question: are these instructions for a 2002 MDX? I just looked at the cup holder/shifter assembly and couldn't figure out how to get at the LED assembly (BOTH of the LED's for the seat warmer indicators are out!). Please advise. Thanks. AD
werehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by highmath
Hi. Follow-up question: are these instructions for a 2002 MDX? I just looked at the cup holder/shifter assembly and couldn't figure out how to get at the LED assembly (BOTH of the LED's for the seat warmer indicators are out!). Please advise. Thanks. AD
werehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
BVA

Thanks for the tip!!! I pulled out the cupholder easily by pulling the center divider straight up, then I simply pulled upward on the middle shifter bezel by hand (the opening gap you will see after pulling out the cupholder). Detached the 2 heated seat button connection and removed the entire bezel assembly. Used a Phillips screwdriver to remove the button from the bezel to gain more access to the button, then used a flathead screwdriver to remove the broken light!!! Entire process took around 5 minutes!!

Once again, thanks a lot for the tip!!!
BVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: