1st gen MDX Front AC fix - Page 4 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmnmunster View Post
Hello, I have read the posts about replacing the thermal fuse. I tried a jumper and everything works, but the whole module got too hot to touch-is that normal?
Why would the fuse have blown in the first place?
Am I better off replacing the entire module or will the fuse in the new module blow again?
Do you think taking it to the dealer for evaluation makes sense?
Thanks
I'm thinking the reason for the thermal fuse failure is the cabin air filter being dirty enough to cause the automatic temperature module to work too hard to move an appropriate amount of air thru the system, overheating the thermal module.

I sound like I know what I'm talking about, but this is just an educated guess. It would be nice to know if folks who have this failure have a "very" dirty cabin air filter, or if it has not been changed in a long time.

I've got an '04, and have not experienced this issue before. I have been paying the dealer unreasonable amounts of money to maintain this vehicle however.
Smportis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #47 (permalink)

Digikey to the rescue!

Front blower stopped working. Reordered same part that fixed the rear blower from Digikey (P10920-ND $0.74 THERMAL CUTOFF) and $3.08 later the front blower was up and running. The rear blower filter was covered with lint when the last resistor went bad. The front blower stopped working just after I replaced the cabin air filter. It will be interesting to note how long the repair lasts. I really should start ordering a few of those resistors at a time and remember where I put them. Still beats paying $70 for the replacement part and $50 for the blower motor.
acurarob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #48 (permalink)

Thanks to all for the information. Able to replace the thermal fuse and front AC functioning again.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #49 (permalink)

Anyone in LA/SFV area can help me with this issue?
I never soldering anything in my life and it's probably too late to start learning
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #50 (permalink)

Sure, I can help a fellow MDXer. PM me with your contact information and we can set something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB330 View Post
Anyone in LA/SFV area can help me with this issue?
I never soldering anything in my life and it's probably too late to start learning
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #51 (permalink)

I was trying to find you a simple Youtube video, but by the time I did, someone offered to help you out. Good luck.

tom34diy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #52 (permalink)

Thumbs up Thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds2k1 View Post
Sure, I can help a fellow MDXer. PM me with your contact information and we can set something up.
I would like to use this thread and this forum to say a big THANK YOU!!!!
"Thank you!" to original poster, who show all of us how to avoid huge bill from Acura service department by posting this DIY guide.
And another BIG THANK YOU to reds2k1 for helping me today replaced THERMAL CUTOFF and help me install new cabin filter.
It's amazing how this forum let MDX driver around the world with their car issues.
THANK YOU ALL!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom34diy View Post
I was trying to find you a simple Youtube video, but by the time I did, someone offered to help you out. Good luck.
Thanks, Tom. I was getting help from reds2k1 and his uncle.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #54 (permalink)

Have an 02 MDX that stopped blowing air out of the front vents, whenever I try the front it instead goes out the back vents. I was quoted about 1k for repairs so instead I'm going to try and fix it myself with the info everyone has provided above and hope for the best.
Bail02MDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #55 (permalink)

Sidewinder, you are the best! Nothing was coming out of my front vents and this was the first thread I came across when researching it. I bought the 75 cent thermal fuse online as suggested in the thread and installed it in about 5 minutes. Everything works like new again. Thanks again sidewinder and thanks to the forum.
Transamer79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #56 (permalink)

Smile No Front A/C

First I want to Thank, each & Everyone of You for putting This Together with the related Posts !
NO A/C, Died when The Temp, was 104. With all The Computers, I Thought I was done for ealer "Please drop Your Full wallet, Here".
After bremoving the Transistor Assembly, We used an Ohm Meter to check The Fuse, FIRST. NO PROBLEM. Frustrated, We decided to start a Process of Elimination. End Product First. Pulled The Blower & VIOLA ! Problem Found. 2 lead wires to your Battery, ( W/ Alligator Clips ) And You can test the blower with Your car Battery. ( There is A Positive Tab & a Negative Tab ). An order at Advance Auto, We got a Replacement over Night, for 91.00. 45 minits later, WE HAVE HEAT, DEFROST & AIR ! Thanks Guys !
Old 03-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #57 (permalink)

is this fix just for the front ac? My rear ac isnt working.
natesezgoblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #58 (permalink)

Thank you!

Just joined the forum so I could thank the OP and this forum for saving me a fortune! After the front A/C stopped blowing in my wife's 03 MDX I followed the instructions to a T and tried a jumper to verify the fix...worked like a charm!

Ordered the part as described and removed the jumper just to be safe...will have to deal with the FL heat for a couple of days until the thermal fuse gets here.

But thanks again!!!
OrlandoNewb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail02MDX View Post
Have an 02 MDX that stopped blowing air out of the front vents, whenever I try the front it instead goes out the back vents. I was quoted about 1k for repairs so instead I'm going to try and fix it myself with the info everyone has provided above and hope for the best.
It's amazing how a $1 solution from this forum can save us $1000 from the insane criminal that tried to rip some members off.
yardbird88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #60 (permalink)

Front AC not working and jumper on fuse did not work

Hey guys,

Today the A/C on my 2003 MDX stopped working. The temp here is around 90 degrees and humid.

SYMPTOMS:

When I turn the A/C on and manually turn the fan speed on high, only warm air blows out.

Then, if i press the full auto button, it goes into recirculation mode and the fan speed starts to drop immediately to a very slow speed blowing warm air. Temp was set at 60 degrees.

The fan speed would also slow down when I raised the temp from 60 degrees to say 66 or 68 degrees. The outside ambient temperature was 78 degrees.

I tried installing a jumper wire on the blue thermo fuse, but no cool air. My cabin filter was relatively dirty, so I removed it from the air box and will replace it with new one.

I also used an ohmmeter on the blue wired fuse and it showed a closed circuit.

Not sure what to do next. Don't know if it's worth ordering new thermal cutoffs from digi-key since the jumper wire did not work and the ohmmeter showed the circuit was intact.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: